 Off-Topic / Debate / 20283
Re: LEGO for Iraq?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 05:07:35 GMT

Terry Prosper wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:
Well - I was serious, but I have a feeling something like this might be a
logistical nightmare. Does anyone have any experience organising anything
like this? I seem to recall a similar suggestion was put forward for African
kids a while back, but not sure what ever came of it.

ROSCO

I could do it for you, I really think this is a great idea.  I could
organize this, but I'd need a little help from some people to get seriously
started.  Who's in?

Something to consider is the cost of shipping. Several years ago (work,
that was 4 years ago...) we looked into shipping LEGO to Turkey after
one of the earthquakes. We ended up discovering all sorts of problems.
See this post from Selcuk (and some of the surrounding discussion):

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=8175

But it is a good idea. A better way would probably be to find another
agency already planning on shipping stuff and send it along with them.

Frank