 Off-Topic / Debate / 20279
Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time. - NO ITS NOT - GO BUILD SOME LEGO!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 04:11:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matt Hein writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Terry Prosper writes:

But who cares?  Most people are only preoccupied by
their job, their fav. sport team or the soap opera shows
on TV.  Others, who tell themselves they are more
sophisticated, care about Classic music and litterature.

Okay, I'm not exactly sure what angle you're
coming from, but I'm just hoping you're not
acting on the implication that 'most people'-
I'm assuming you mean american - spend their
time watching TV or preoccupation with a job.

I can't understand your job 'problem'...would
you really want someone working, or out in
the streets, failing to contribute? Or is too
much effort placed into a job a poison to
society? Sheesh...that thought scares me...

So, I'm american! Does this fact automatically
imply that I spend constant time affront my
television? That's nonsensical! You'd be
surprised to know my television viewing time is
lower than two hours a week...I'd like to see
someone my age beat that!

But in the end, it's all the same.  The govt is an
oligarchy, almost inaccessible to your average joe.

Think church and community groups, non profit
organizations. For the average citizen, the way
into a public office is from the bottom up,
starting with tenacity and a coherent agenda.

Terry
www.rotule.qc.ca

I rarely post here, but I feel insulted by
your sentiment. Hence my post.

And yes, I'm not going to bother to reply
to anything thrown at me. I've had enough
of this nonsense.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y

I'm sorry you feel insulted for so little, especially since you said
yourself you "assumed" I was talking about Americans, while I was talking
about anyone in N. America or Europe.  Now, I didn't include you in the 95%,
so I don't see why you find this offensive.  If you don't agree, fine,
that's what I was talking about, people won't change their opinion.

It's scary to see that many Americans are paranoids.  You say something
about dumb people, then you've got an American that assumes you are
referring to his country!  You know, USA is only a small portion or this
world!  Not even 5% of world population and you automatically think that we
are talking only about you?  You should widen your horizons.  Open your arms
to the world.  USA has few to offer compared to the whole humanity!  I've
got better things to do than talk solely about Americans, even if yes, I did
talk about your political system because I know that most readers would
understand better if I used an example known to everyone rather than talking
about the political system in Canada, which few American know anything about!

So, in short, I'm telling you that I was not talking only about your
country, but rather about occident.  If you are still offended, I'm sorry to
say, it's no longer my problem, I've done what I could to help you feel better.

As for the job, I only meant that people tend to think and talk about it
even when they are at home, after work, rather than thinking about other stuff.

Terry
www.rotule.qc.ca