 Off-Topic / Debate / 20282
Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time. - NO ITS NOT - GO BUILD SOME LEGO!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 05:01:03 GMT

Terry Prosper wrote:
Not what I meant at all.  All I meant was that having these discussions will
have very little impact since people are dumb and will often follow the best
leader (which I didn't mention).  Now, the smart people are not necessarily
going to change their minds either, because it takes a lot of humility to
admit you were wrong, so changing opinions is seldom.

Of course, I believe in discussions.  I believe in debates, free speach,
everything like that.  But I also believe it's futile for most people and
that the power of speech is exagerated.  People, intelligent or not, will
often fight for their opinion just because they don't want to admit they can
be wrong.

If it's truly futile to have these discussions, then aren't we being
dumb by having them? That's what I'm reading from your position, that
these discussions are futile because not enough of us are involved.

Frank