 Off-Topic / Debate / 20220
Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 22:25:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello writes:

(snip)

and look Iraq’s last election, 100% victory
for Husein, and 11 million ballots hand counted over night, yeah right.

What's wrong with that (11mln counted overnight)? half that number is
counted in my country by hand on election night, and we have half the
population (and presumably, half the number of counters). The task isn't
impossible at all!

(Not that I think the vote in that referendum was particularly interesting:
the question was in the lines of "do you want Saddam to be the leader?"
without giving any other option for his seat... :-)

Pedro