 Off-Topic / Debate / 20263
Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time. - NO ITS NOT - GO BUILD SOME LEGO!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:22:58 GMT

We are perfectly free to kill each other, government took away that right
(okay, hoarded it for itself, if you wanna be picky).  We are perfectly free
to take that other person's stuff, and government took away that right (same
caveat).

Great job Bruce, you were able to nail down two of my biggest problems with
the Republican party, the reason I am an independant instead. You also
summed them up very nicely. I agree the government should not reserve the
right to kill it's citizens, nor should it confiscate our "stuff".

Didn't I just mention Nixon?  :-)

"Let me make one thing perfectly clear, I am not a crook" :) I still admire
Nixon more as a home town hero and opener of China than anything else. I do
not excuse his transgressions and agree with his stepping down. I do
appreciate your review of the Democrat characterizations over the years. I
really like that Newt was criticized for being a philander during the
Clinton administration.

You may wish to note my other message where I point out why the most likely
party to have a black or woman as president is the Republican party, and why
that is *not* a complement.  Clarence "Uncle Tom" Thomas especially
illustrates the point (though he is appointed, and not elected).

Actually all my examples were appointed, which also may have some meaning.
Help me with my definations, does "Uncle Tom" mean black Republican? :) I do
agree with you point about the first black or woman president being a woman
on the other post, but I for a different reason. I believe that the center
and left (politically) are far more willing to surrender principle and
ideology in order to elect a "token" type person, whereas the right tend to
be more unwielding.

Scott