 Off-Topic / Debate / 20277
Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time. - NO ITS NOT - GO BUILD SOME LEGO!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:51:04 GMT

Now what I truly do not understand about your post is that you first
insinuate that the general populace of this country is equally ignorant of
world issues, caring more for television or athletics. Then you go on to
complain that the political system is not accessible to these uncaring
ignoramuses.  Assuming that your belief in the inferiority of the American
people is true, why would we want these ignorant people controlling any
aspect of our public lives?

Where did I say I'm talking ONLY about USA when I say 95% of all people are
dumb?  I meant the whole planet!  My Country, Québec, included!  I'm not
Anti-American.  I'm anti-republican, yes, but that's got nothing to do with it.

Now, you mentioned Quayle, Bush, Reagan and Ford as examples of Presidents
(or candidate for Quayle) who were depicted as stupids...  Well, sorry to
say, but they are stupid!  Especially Reagan and Bush!  I don't know for
sure about Quayle, even if I have heard about him a lot, and Homer Simpsons'
resemblance to G. Ford is striking to say the least, but you won't make me
believe that Bush is intelligent.  His education, he would have got it even
with a chimp's IQ (which is probably not far from what he's got).  You
really believe all diplomas handled by Universities are deserved?  Most are,
but when you come from a rich and powerful family, you can get through
college pretty easy...  As for Reagan, I'd say he was only half as stupid as
his wife who tried during 8 years to limit if not take back some of women's
rights for equality with men.

But USA is not alone to have stupid govt leaders.  Take Jean Chrétien,
Canada's Prime Minister.  He's a bufoon!  A real clown!  As for Tony Blair,
you can't find a better puppy to follow your dumb moves...

Terry
www.rotule.qc.ca