 Off-Topic / Debate / 20205
Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:46:26 GMT

Not because we can't win the war, but because we're already setting up to
lose the peace:

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/72898.htm

A big reason why I opposed this war: Dubya handling the peace?  Extracted
from the article:

"With a long career centered mostly in the Middle East, administration
officials describe (Barbara) Bodine as an Arabist who favors traditional,
"stable" Arab regimes - the kind where democracy does not flourish."

Note that this fits the pattern of Bush's father who favored "stablity" over
democracy.  Dubya pushing Bodine over the Pentagon's objection does not
surprise me in the least.  But, realistically, how can the Iraqis be trusted
with democracy?  They might elect someone Dubya doesn't like!

-->Bruce<--