 Off-Topic / Debate / 20219
Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 22:09:24 GMT

I presume you are in the U.S. for the purposes of the next comment, but even
if you are not -- the point is a sound one.

I didn't vote for Gore myself, but I ask you: do you really want to live in
a country where the elections are being fixed?

It's an important question because the reality of the matter is that you DO
live in such a country.

I would agree that our election process is far from perfect. I wish they
would require a photo ID at poling places, or have some other way for voters
to prove who they are. Here in Southern California there is always a secret
group that buses in illegal aliens to vote for pro immigration candidates.
Stories of felons, and dead people voting always frightens me, I think with
our current technology there has got to be an easier way to make these
elections easier, and less susceptible to corruption. As bad as they are,
however, they could be worse, I have a friend who used to deliver payment
for votes in the Philippines, and look Iraq’s last election, 100% victory
for Husein, and 11 million ballots hand counted over night, yeah right.