 Off-Topic / Debate / 20218
Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 21:56:35 GMT

We can trade zingers, Scott, but the real point is do you believe Bush is
honestly trying to arrange a real democracy, or just have a "regime change"
more to his liking?  I believe it is the latter, which may be good or bad I
suppose, I just wish he wouldn't lie about it.

Perhaps I am a bit gullible but I tend to believe that our leaders are not
lying. I even believed Clinton, who I felt was a pathological liar, when he
said that bombing Iraq was in the interest of national security. I have
always believed the cliché that politics end at the waters end. When it
comes down to it I easily trust GWB over Husein.

As for you question about GWB, I do believe that he would like to help setup
a representative government similar to what happened in Afghanistan.
History, however, reminds me that the United States has been fairly
unsuccessful at exporting democracy. I hope and pray for it, but history
also reminds me that oppressed people when freed, tend to become oppressors
themselves.

Finally, I like to find the humor in world events, the Florida election
fiasco was hilarious to me, especially the video of that bald guy straining
his eyes looking at the chads. My new favorite scene is the Iraqi minister
of dis-information claiming that they had beaten the Coalition back and that
no American’s were in the city, all the while gunfire could be heard in the
background. I am truly sad to see him go, but am very happy that it looks
like this conflict is nearly over, with fewer American casualties than in 1991.

Scott