 Off-Topic / Debate / 20236
Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time. - NO ITS NOT - GO BUILD SOME LEGO!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:53:15 GMT

Terry is 100% right.

One thing though: the details of the anti-war side are hard to discuss
because every point is at least a sub-argument.  Nothing is a given because
some things remain speculative because the only available knowledge is
outside "the castle."  Even the knowledge from within "the castle" may be
tainted with untruths and disinformation.

It comes down to the degree to which you distrust your govt. I distrust my
govt. A LOT.  I think the U.S. experiment in govt. is ABSOLUTELY predicated
on such distrust and if it ever disappears from public discourse, which in
some ways it has thanks to the two party system and most americans being so
fat and happy on the North American Game Preserve, it is the end of the
experiment.

I don't think most people even understand what is taking place in this
country very well; and they understand far less about the social, economic,
and political scene of some geographic location half a world away.  How many
U.S. citizens, at this very moment, understand that their rights are being
seriously abrogated by a govt. eager to database information on its citizens
and remove the expiry from the Patriot Act?

Answer: As Terry indicates -- very few.

I ask again for at least the second time in this forum:  what does it mean
when our sworn public officers, who are under oath to protect the U.S.
Constitution, actively seek to limit our constitutional rights instead?

-- Hop-Frog