 Off-Topic / Debate / 13017
Re: Thinking Out Loud...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:25:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Horst Lehner writes:

And your evidence for that is ... ?

Flight 93.

Thank *all that is worth living for* that the heroes on board that flight
*weren't* pacifists.

You don't know whether they were or not.

Care to elaborate on that?

Are you saying that they didn't attack the attackers,

No.

So you concede that it is likely that one or more passengers did in fact
attack, then? I grant that we may never know for certain, but submit that
the evidence is very strongly pointing in that direction.

Therefore the passenger or passengers who did in fact attack (the "heroes",
as I put it)are not pacifists. There is no way to "attack" and be a
"pacifist". The terms are incompatible.

QED.

(There is an old saying, which is illustrative (even if incorrect): "there
are no atheists in foxholes")