 Off-Topic / Debate / 13022
Re: Thinking Out Loud...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:00:25 GMT

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:GK0IsA.GL2@lugnet.com...

How can you say they did not intend violence if you agree that they took
action.

The only possibility your pacifist argument has of being true is if an F-16
actually did shoot down that jet and their has been an incredible cover-up to
hide that fact and make the passangers into heroes.  I feel I can safely say
that most, if not all, Americans would have agreed with the decision to shoot
down that plane given the knowledge of what the other 3 planes did, so there
would be no need to cover it up.

These people are heroes, why can't you at least give them that.

Even if the F-16 did shoot them out the sky, the passengers on board did not know that was going to happen.
I can't believe it was a cover up,  as the reports that they were going to 'have a go' were coming directly from the
relatives they called.

I did read reports that the flights the terrorists chose were all unusually empty. Like one only had 30+  passengers on
a 150+ seat plane. The belief is they did this deliberately to minimise the risk of them getting attacked by the
passengers.

lawrence