 Off-Topic / Debate / 13190
Re: Thinking Out Loud...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:02:33 GMT

Hello Larry,

Horst said:

(Larry forgot who said):
What do you think pacifism at a time like now is going to get us?
All it will get us is more innocent Americans (among others) killed.

And your evidence for that is ... ?

<snipped a lot of Larry's answer>

Pacificm is not the answer to everything. There is a time for pacifism.
There is a time for action. The heroes on 93 knew the difference and acted
appropriately.

I can certainly agree to this statement. My original question was geared
more towards the type of action required to
- make sure radical islamists are isolated instead of multiplied
- terrorists can be found and sentenced

And something tells me that a bit more pacifism could potentially help these
issues. On the other side, "a bit more pacifism" sounds like a strange term,
now that I revisit it. So I am not going to insist on the term, nevertheless
I stand to my original claim that war is not going to help.

Greetings

Horst