 Off-Topic / Debate / 13019
Re: Thinking Out Loud...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:50:42 GMT

So you concede that it is likely that one or more passengers did in fact
attack, then?

As I said, it was more likely a charge - remember they were probably weaponless
- whether they were intending to hurt the hijackers is anyone's guess. My aim
in their position would be (if I had time to think about it):

1. Try and get control of the plane from them, or
2. Try to distract the "pilot" enough so he can't get them to their intended
destination.

Both of these can be acheived without violence. Whether they were or not is
unknown.

I grant that we may never know for certain, but submit that
the evidence is very strongly pointing in that direction.

Therefore the passenger or passengers who did in fact attack (the "heroes",
as I put it)are not pacifists.

By all reports there were several passengers involved. Some may have been
intent on hurting the hijackers, others may have had similar aims to those
above. Are those who didn't intend violence (if any) any less heroes?

There is no way to "attack" and be a
"pacifist". The terms are incompatible.

If you assume they intended violence, of course you can prove they're not
pacifists.

ROSCO