 Off-Topic / Debate / 13138
Re: Thinking Out Loud...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 01:18:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:

<snip>

Ross, you're wriggling around, for no real reason I can see, except to avoid
admitting the truth of my answer to Horst's question:

Horst said:

(Larry forgot who said):
What do you think pacifism at a time like now is going to get us?
All it will get us is more innocent Americans (among others) killed.

And your evidence for that is ... ?

And I answered that what was done on flight 93 was *not* an act of pacifism.

I quote *again* from your reply to Horst:

"Thank *all that is worth living for* that the heroes on board that flight
*weren't* pacifists."

This *is not* the same as "what was done on flight 93 was *not* an act of
pacifism".

One is talking about people, the other is about the act. Maybe the attack was
violent, maybe it wasn't. Does it matter? These people made a decision in a
moment of stress, and that doesn't give us any information about whether or not
they were pacifists. The initial quote implied it was a fact, and it isn't.

ROSCO