 Off-Topic / Debate / 13066
Re: Thinking Out Loud...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 16:48:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Horst Lehner writes:
Hello Eric,

I have to jump in...

So do I. BTW, I think I understand at least part of the emotionality of the
issue, but we simply cannot afford to let our action be guided by it, so
here goes my response:

What do you think pacifism at a time like now is going to get us?
All it will get us is more innocent Americans (among others) killed.

And your evidence for that is ... ?

Flight 93.

Thank *all that is worth living for* that the heroes on board that flight
*weren't* pacifists.

I heard on the news today (unconfirmed, so it could be wrong) that the
cockpit voice recorder on 93 has "clear evidence of sounds of battle in the
cockpit just prior to the plane going down".

Pacifists don't typically get involved in battles. Some people on that
flight apparently weren't pacifists. Thank goodness.

++Lar