 Local / United States / California / San Diego / *138 (-100)
  Re: Visiting

(...) James, I work about 25 minutes from the park, and the same from downtown. And I'd be happy to hook up. let me know a more exact date as it gets closer. Mat Clayson (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.sandlug)

  Visiting

Hi all, I'll be in San Diego about the 6-12th of Nov period. Is there anything much going on? Would there be any interest in having a meeting? I know that the most likely date is the 9th of Nov, which is a Tuesday night. (sucks, but my floating gray (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  LEGO event at Toys R Us in Mira Mesa

FYI, the Toys R Us in Mira Mesa (North San Diego, 92126 zip) is having a LEGO event for kids this Saturday from 11AM to 2 PM. A build and keep event and prizes. I chatted with the store rep a bit on Monday, and she seemed real interested in meeting (...) (20 years ago, 14-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  SANDLUG Meeting Set For September 18th

Members of SANDLUG, the San Diego LEGO Users Group, have planned a meeting in San Diego on September 18th, about a month from today. September would generally be considered an off-month for LUGOLA meetings but members of LUGOLA (or any LUG/LTC) are (...) (20 years ago, 21-Aug-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

Pictures from the show are up and ready for viewing. (URL) us know what you think. Ray (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.western) !!

  The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

The Southern Pacific LEGO® Train Club (SPLTC) is pleased to announce our upcoming appearance at the 89th National Orange Show at the Orange Fairgrounds in San Bernardino, California. Our club members have busy designing and building a new layout to (...) (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak) !!

  SIGGRAPH Wrap-Up

The Event Well, all good things must come to an end. We wrapped up the (URL) SIGGRAPH 2003> [1] LEGO display on Thursday afternoon, after an exhausting but fun week of building and hanging out with conference attendees and fellow AFOLs. What an (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.cad, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  SIGGRAPH: Too Much Fun for Words!

Everyone - We are having an absolute blast at SIGGRAPH 2003! (www.siggraph.org/s2003). We hundreds, if not thousands coming by the booth throughout the day, and some even took time out of their schedules to sit with us and build! The tables are like (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.cad, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Big Sale at LegoLand California - Up to 70% off!

(...) [snip] (...) [snip] (...) If anyone happens to have the time to post what Duplo is available, and then to buy for me and ship, we might be able to work out an incentive that makes you happy (and it would be a really keen favor). Chris (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Meeting on May 31st for SIGGRAPH in San Diego

A meeting date and time for LEGO enthusiasts interested in participating at the 2003 SIGGRAPH has been set. The meet up with organizers for the show will be on Saturday, May 31st, at the San Diego Convention Center from 4:00 to 5:00 pm. Organizers (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Family trip

(...) The only problem might be with reservations. Check out the web site: (URL) sure you and your kids will enjoy Southern California. Sounds like a great trip. Enjoy! Irv Stafford (So. Calif. AFOL) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Family trip

(...) As far as I know it is safe. I believe during the first Brickswest some of the people stayed there. But as Bill pointed out there is a motel 6 real close to LLCA and I think if you check their site you can get some specials - (URL)It will (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  LDraw users - help out at SIGGRAPH 2003

I'm looking for a few (2-4) people who would like to help talk about LDraw tools at SIGGRAPH 2003 this summer. You might have seen Adrian's post looking for builders here: (URL) and where? SIGGRAPH 2003 is at the San Diego Convention Center, July (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.cad) !

  SCLTC to display at the Annual Fullerton Railroad Days

The Southern California LEGO Train Club (SCLTC) is pleased to announce our second appearance at the Fullerton Railroad Days at the Santa Fe Train Station in Fullerton, California. Our club members are busily at work on what promises to be an (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa)

  Re: Return of the Swallows, Mission San Juan Capistrano, CA

The Mayor of San Juan Capistrano (Hon. John S. Gelff) along with Gerald J. Miller (Administrator of the San Juan Capistrano Mission) stop for a moment to admire a diaorama of the San Juan Mission crafterd entirely in LEGOs by members of the Southern (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Return of the Swallows, Mission San Juan Capistrano, CA

Some of the SCLTC club members will be bringing a slightly enlarged "Pirates attacking the Mission" layout for this year's Return of the Swallows Cellebration at Mission San Juan Capistrano (expected size is 70" x 120"). The Pirate theme was (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day

Larry, I've been told by the folks at Knotts that the pass should be honored as long as it has the 2003 cert. Ray (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day

In lugnet.trains (and a bazillion other groups), Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip 2 things> OK, 3 things... 3. Ray, you should have set FUT to a small subset of the original groups.. but failing that, **I** should have noticed it wasn't set, and (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day

(...) This is way cool. Two things: 1. it would have been nice to give more advance notice of this, if it was available... this is the sort of thing that some people would fly out for if they had enough notice. 2. will Knott's be honoring 2002 (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Visiting San Diego

By all means, you should stop at LEGOLAND California in Carlsbad. Another place to see a LEGO train layout will be at Knott's Theme Park, in Buena Park, CA, where the SCLTC will have it's latest layout on public display that weekend. Buena Park is (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day

The SCLTC is proud to announce it's participation in the 2nd Annual Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day, January 11-12, 2003, Knott's Theme Park, Buena Park, CA Our latest Multi-level Mountain town layout will be appearing for 2 (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.trains.org.scltc) !

  Re: Visiting San Diego

Hi, If you don't know about it already Legoland California is just north of San Diego and is a must see if you are in the area. Have fun! James (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Visiting San Diego

Hi, I'll be in San Diego from 2003-01-12 till 2003-01-15. Is there something (Lego related) I should not miss? Do you have some shopping tipps for me? Thanks in Advance, Jörg (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: Free Childs ticket to Legoland CA with with the purchase of selected LEGO® toys at WalMart.

They did this last year, and the sets (Millenia Throwbot?) had them up here in NoCal too. In fact, I seem to remember some people back East posting that they got sets with the sticker (card inside) too. (...) | iPlanet Support - (URL) Please do not (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Free Childs ticket to Legoland CA with with the purchase of selected LEGO® toys at WalMart.

I am assuming this is really only for the WalMarts here in southern California but I just got an email from Lego stating that when you buy Lego products with the special sticker on it you will get a free kids ticket to LL CA. Here is what the deal (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: SCLTC Layout at BricksWest 2002

(...) Greg, Thank you for the very kind words. I had a lot of fun building most of the park. The playground came together after a couple of rebuilds. It wasn't designed as a copy of a real-life structure, but a sense of realism was the most (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe)

  Re: SCLTC Layout at BricksWest 2002

(...) wow, Wow, WOW! Thanks for posting these pictures Ray. What a great layout. I'm still digesting the whole gallery but I wanted to immediately respond with a rave of appreciation for the scenes set in the park. The playground is just incredible (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe)

  SCLTC Layout at BricksWest 2002

For those of you unable to attend the Inaugural BricksWest, I've posted a variety of pics from the event on my BrickShelf page (URL) currently have some of the pics of the SCLTC Layout that was up in the LEGOLAND Park. I will be adding more pics (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe)

  Re: Place to stay? Please?

(...) Anyone? Maybe if I have 3 roommates, I can afford a hotel, but otherwise I need a place to crash, or I just can't come. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (22 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Place to stay? Please?

Hey all, February is really creaping up, and I still don't know if I can go to BricksWest. I can't afford to stay in a hotel, so I'd really like to be able to crash at one of you local's houses. If you're driving to LLC every day of the fest, you're (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Place to stay?

Hmm, looks like this post never appeared, so I'll try again: All, The registration cost being as high as it is for BricksWest, and me being a poor student means I can't really afford to stay in a hotel. Could anyone put me up for 3 nights? (I'm (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  visiting SD

Hi All and SCLTC (John Gramley, Dan Pearson,and Robert Powel) I will be in San Diego tomorrow and I'm free from around 1:00pm on. Is anyone up for getting together, I thought maybe LL for the afternoon? SteveB PNLTC (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.trains)

  Re: I know its last minute, but whats the plan for tommrow?

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Mark Papenfuss writes: <snip> We looked for you, but did not spot you. Sorry that we didn't see you at Brad's, that was a blast. ++Lar (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Wishing you well

To those at or around LL CA on April 28th (especially would-be wedding guests)... I wanted to wish you all a happy and safe time. I'm glad most folks were able to make the best of an otherwise disappointing situation. I thought of you from home (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd) !

  Re: I know its last minute, but whats the plan for tommrow?

Hi Mark, I think a group of people is going to get to LL early. The easiest person to see is probably Mark Sandlin who is a really tall red-head. If you decide to come up to our house, then 4 or later will be fine. I think that a lot of people will (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  I know its last minute, but whats the plan for tommrow?

I am hoping to catch at least one person who knows the plan for meeting up tommrow at Legoland, I did not see any 'complete' plans, though I may have missed it. I will be there about 9:30am, 30 mins before opening. I will be wearing my white Padre (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: So is there any AFOLS living south of Legoland?

(...) Hi John, Hmmm, sounds good. I will be busy in the AM on the 28th (Legoland, hehe). I will have my son (who is 6) with me that weekend, I am still looking to confirm a babysitter for my 6-month old daughter for this day (this is the key here (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: So is there any AFOLS living south of Legoland?

(...) Mark, So far there is no LUG or LTC exclusively for the San Diego area, but a few of us have recently formed the Southern California Lego Train Club (SCLTC) and as of now the only members are in San Diego county. We haven't a really official (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  So is there any AFOLS living south of Legoland?

I see this group has had no real talk of anything other than Legoland and CB, I take it there is no Lego group for us San Diegans? It would be nice to not hace to drive *so* far to the LA group - but its not like thats in LA, hehe(ok, I am lazy, but (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

I would actually agree with this suggestion. I would say that the drive time to Carlsbad from the Orange County airport is about 50 minutes, but not too much of that is apt to be high traffic. Only about the first 5 miles from the airport tend to (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california)

"mfuss903" <mfuss903@aol.com> wrote in message news:GB1qqL.IHw@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) airport (...) that (...) When I went to LEGOLAND we flew in and out of Orange County (John Wayne Airport). While a little farther than the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

(...) Yes, I would say 45+ minutes with _no_ traffic and (and this is *after* you get out of the messy SD airport, that could be a chore in itself). Just hop on the 5 freeway for the entire trip. (...) (weekdays) Mornings = traffic going south into (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

(...) 30-40 minutes sound right for low traffic times. During rush hour it could take two or three times that long. Rush hour is usually between 7:00 and 9:00am going south and probably 3:30 and 6:00pm heading north. And of course, there are almost (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

Hi Todd, I've only driven that route on the weekends and it takes roughly 30-40 minutes (without traffic). I've heard that traffic can get pretty bad on the weekdays on that stretch. If nobody answers your post, you can try emailing John Gramley, (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

(...) Say, I've been wondering...how much time should I allow for driving between Carlsbad and the San Diego airport and back? I'll be renting a car the last week of April and will be picking some family members and friends up at the airport. I (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Looking for a place to stay during wedding

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:G92pvD.6Ip@lugnet.com... (...) afford (...) for (...) Just a followup, I have a place to stay. -Tim (23 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Looking for a place to stay during wedding

Hi everyone - I'm deliberating over whether or not to buy an expensive ticket to fly from Boston to SD for the wedding. If I were to come, there's no way I could afford hotel, so, is there anyone down there who might be willing to put up an AFOL for (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

"Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:G7spqq.H3E@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks. (...) of (...) I'll admit, I did use some reference from a book titled "The Way Things Work"(I honestly don't know if it's still being published, (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

"Adrian Egli" <aegli@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:G7sLr2.7Ky@lugnet.com... (...) First off - Adrian, cool stuff! I saw it on Brickshelf before you posted. Kidvention II - I've heard nothing about it so far, but someone at Shows & Events is (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

That's really nice. I've made attempts at train bridges before, but never been very successful. Out of curiosity, did you copy a real bridge design, or did you design it yourself? I'm especially interested in the double-spiral on the one side of the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

"Holger Matthes" <matthes@fh-aachen.de> wrote in message news:G7sEvH.Asy@lugnet.com... (...) in the (...) Thanks! The larger ramp(outer) is the uphill one. I thought by making a longer travel, it would be easier on the motor. And the inner is (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

"Stephen F Roberts" <wubwub@wildlink.com> wrote in message news:gdh37tshbegikv2...4ax.com... (...) YES!!! (...) image (...) post (...) "seview.jpg" (...) I should. One other thing I've thought about doing with my digicam is create an animated (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

Hi Adrian, that all is great!! I needed a while to sort out which way the trains go in the spiral! It's very compact build to reach an enourmous hight! And the pictures showing the bridge and the harbour are just beautiful! That'S what LEGO should (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

(...) ...Beautiful! You've got to make a mpg of a train going around the "seview.jpg" spiral! Excellent beam design on the bridge and under track trusses. --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy and his cat www.wildlink.com <-- (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

After long delays, very annoying ones : { but I finally got it built! YES!!! and it works! You can check it out at (URL) I had a TD 2.0 image up of the original plan but I made a lot of revisions and I'll try to post the revised plan up soon. Your (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains) !!

  Kidvention Legofest?

Hey everybody... Just curious as to if there will be any formal get-together while at Kidvention. I understand that people will be spaced out over a few days. If Friday and Saturday will be big days, we can have something on both of them if possible (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.events, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.lugola) !

  Re: PNLTC invites participation in world record attempt

(...) BTW, is there anyone responsible for seeing to it that local press covers the event? --Todd (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.events, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  LDraw at the Kidvention Update

Hey everybody... Here's an update on the status for LDraw at the Kidvention so far: I sent off the artwork for the banner to the company (FastSigns) today, and they will get back to me soon on approval. Thanks to everyone who donated to make this (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.lugola) !

  Re: Tent Sale this Weekend at LL-CA

Well, let us know what they DO have, and prices, so I know whether I need to drive 500 miles or not! (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.lb, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tent Sale this Weekend at LL-CA

(...) Hehe..., I'm looking for the smiley face, and yet I don't see one :] KDJ ___...___ Kyle D. Jackson, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, LUGNETer #203 (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.lb, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tent Sale this Weekend at LL-CA

(...) But there are no tents in 4558s. They must be blowing out all the 5978s and 6746s... Ran (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.lb, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Tent Sale this Weekend at LL-CA

I went down to Legoland yesterday to check out some stuff and as I approached the entrance, I saw a tent up. A teacher w/ kids on a field trip asked what was going on and the rep said this coming weekend there would be a tent sale! As I left the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.lb, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Still looking for a large monitor... (Kidvention)

Hey.. I'm still looking for a large monitor (17"+) for the Kidvention LDraw display. If anyone has access to one and is willing/able to let us borrow it, please let us know! We would strongly prefer a larger monitor to the 15" one that will be (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  LEGOLAND, CA Job Fair: Saturday

This from LEGOLAND, CA website. posted May 16, 2000: (URL) Job Fair: The Parks latest Job Fair is happening this Saturday from 8 a.m. through 2 p.m. at LEGOLAND in Carlsbad. In an effort to find enthusiastic Model Citizens, the Parks term for (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Legoland CA expansion news

Hmm, I wonder if they turned a profit their first year. Does anyone know? Adrian Egli <AdrianJEgli@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:FtBo09.1wH@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Legoland CA expansion news

I saw this in the news today. (URL) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Carlsbad still crowded?

One word to prevent being there with the crowds: weekday I was there recently on a Friday and there couldn't have been more than 1,000 people in the park. It made sightseeing quite pleasant. If you have to go on the weekend, I suggest arriving at (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Corp Websites?

(...) I think there is an Israel-based company named LEGO which makes products for water irrigation and hoses and things. IANAL, but I don't think TLG has (or can have) a problem with it because it's in a completely separate industry and hence not (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New LEGO Corp Websites?

(...) I hope that's not colonic irrigation with Lego. Ouch! All the others looked plausable, but I seriously suspect that this one is a 3rd-party domain name. I wonder how long it'll be around before TLG's legal sharks sink their teeth in... Cheers, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: New LEGO Corp Websites?

Well, Medley FL appears to be a small place near Hialeah (Miami). Not even close to Disney World. Hmmm. Ray (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  New LEGO Corp Websites?

So, a few weeks ago, there was a rumor that Shop @ Home might discontinue the Service Packs at the end of the year. Then there was a hint that they may be opening a bulk-brick buying service in the beginning of the new year. I admit I've been too (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

Dave, I have the set of plans Ben Fleskes made up and although I hade a similar table made, I was going to make more and decided to change to Ben's design, as mine was probably overkill. (My wife has trouble lifting her half of it.) As far as making (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

(...) Well, I know there are a few folks in the San Diego area, and a few in the SF Bay Area (maybe more than a few, but I haven't found 'em yet), and you and Carrie in the outer-reaches. I'm a big proponent of getting a train group going. To that (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  New newsgroups for LEGOLAND parks

[Followups set to lugnet.legoland] Newsgroups for LEGOLAND parks have just been created. For background on what has led up to this, please visit the following thread: (URL) lugnet.legoland (group and hierarchy): General LEGOLAND® (not (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.dk.rb.bil, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.uk.en.bk.win, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: LEGOLand newsgroups?

Oops. I accidentally posted the message below to the San Francisco group...meant to post to the San Diego/Carlsbad group. [followups still set to lugnet.admin.general] --Todd Original message follows ===...=== (...) [Crossposted to lugnet.loc.dk, (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Carlsbad still crowded?

It did happen. Legoland did have to close for about two hours last week because the park had reached capacity of 15,000. The weather here in Southern CA has been rather crappy(lots of rain and clouds) for those on spring break and that was the only (...) (25 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.general)

  Re: Carlsbad still crowded?

There were radio reports earlier this week that people were being turned away from the park because of crowding. I have this second hand. Didn't hear the report myself. John C (25 years ago, 10-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.general)

  Re: Carlsbad still crowded?

(...) to (...) John - I was in California recently on a business trip and stopped by Legoland on Marsh 26th, soon after the grand opening. Even though it was a miserable, rainy day, I was shocked at the number of people still visiting the park. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.general)

  LegoLand Driver's license

If anyone is going to LegoLand sometime soon, and would be willing to snag an extra blank driver's license, I'd be ever so grateful. We seem to have misplaced Nik's and it is causing all sorts of havoc on the home front. I'd be willing to pay a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Carlsbad still crowded?

Now that the Grand Opening is over and things are settling down, I would like to take my family to Legoland in Carlsbad. However, I am worried that large crowds will ruin the Legoland experience for my 4 and 6 year old children. Can anyone tell me (...) (25 years ago, 2-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOLAND pictures

(...) Thanks to the people who reported broken links. Image 16 and 23 work now. I will rescan image 28 when I get a new scanner. Russell (25 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Trip Reports?

(...) I was told this by a park employee, but when I asked at the Big Shop, I was given the number to customer service. I asked again as we left, but the lady at the entrance had not heard of this. Russell (25 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Trip Report

Tom's friend Brian posted a very long and detailed one to RTL. perhaps he can be persuaded to repost it here? I thought it was excellent. And that's just not because my name was mentioned, either. (25 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Trip Reports?

(...) I asked about this at the Big Store, and understandably, they wondered if I had been drinking (at least, that's what their faces looked like). If this IS true, I WANT DETAILS! There are many smaller models I'd like to build. -- | Tom Stangl, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Trip Reports?

(...) OK, ok! Sheesh, I've got lots of new Star Wars models to build before I get back to web pages! ;-) So, in brief; We had a great time, despite the rain and ind and cold at noontime. The rides (Story Brooke, and the safari ride, and even the big (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  LEGOLAND pictures

My scanner has apparently taken a dump on me this weekend. I have uploaded the pictures that I got scanned. (URL) don't have an index or descriptions yet, but they will be up when the rest of my pictures are scanned and uploaded. Russell Clark (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Carlsbad Legofest Confirmation?

Has a time and place for the Carlsbad Legofest been confirmed yet? I'm leaving early tomorrow morning, so I'll need to know before then. I'll be checking th group all through this afternoon and once tomorrow morning, but I'd prefer an e-mail. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Shirt status ... Was (Re: Todd: Urgent message: Use of the term LUGNET(tm) on a shirt.

OK, here is the scoop on shirts. Thanks to John Neal for busting his tail to do these despite teaching all week. Based on Todd's answers prohibiting AFOL and LUGNET on the same shirt, I will have three different kinds of shirts with me. The market (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  (canceled)

  Re: Carlsbad Crowds?

(...) 15,000 to 20,000 according to the staff I talked to at the preview day.. she also said it's a good idea to show up earlier.... Judging from what we see at the preview day (we got to the front gate at 8:30ish and there are already 20 cars in (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Carlsbad Crowds?

Does anyone have any idea how many people will be attending the opening day? I am flying from San Jose with my son on Saturday Morning (6:30am) and am just wo ndering if anyone has any estimate? It won't matter though..... I'm going no matter how (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Larry, are you selling shirts via mail? (Was: Todd...)

(...) Um, a newbie-ish "me too!" :-, Lar, are you going to be selling these via mail for those of us not able to make it? Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Todd: Urgent message: Use of the term LUGNET(tm) on a shirt.

(...) You better. :) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Todd: Urgent message: Use of the term LUGNET(tm) on a shirt.

(...) Alright!! Sign me up for one! Mark "if it ain't Lego, it don't count" (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Todd: Urgent message: Use of the term LUGNET(tm) on a shirt.

(...) I'm sure we'll make them available by mail afterwards. (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Todd: Urgent message: Use of the term LUGNET(tm) on a shirt.

Bum deal... I can't go and I wannnnna go!!! (and yes, I'd buy the shirt in a flash) -- Everything else is just a toy... (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Todd: Urgent message: Use of the term LUGNET(tm) on a shirt.

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: [snippety-snipp] (...) Hehe :) I love the 'My dad has more Lego than your dad' idea, Larry! Can't wait to see it Saturday and probably buy a Legofest shirt. I know if I had kids (loong ways off) I would (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Todd: Urgent message: Use of the term LUGNET(tm) on a shirt.

(...) Bummer, I didn't see this message earlier and I can't it anywhere in any of my accounts. I'll respond to the copy you just posted. If you still have a copy of the e-mail in your outbox, could you try forwarding it to me again with all of its (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Todd: Urgent message: Use of the term LUGNET(tm) on a shirt.

Todd, I know you're swamped and you have my heartfelt sympathies. It's hard to lose someone you cherish. However there is a time urgent message in your inbox relating to the Tshirts being done for LL opening day. If you have any issues, please speak (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Events for Carlsbad Legofest?

I arrive on the 19th, staying at Grand Pacific Palisades resort. Welcome dropins on the nite of the 19th.. I will have T shirts that people might want to wear opening day (they say Adult Fan Of Lego(R) on the front, and "I read RTL... and LUGNET(tm) (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact