 Local / United States / California / San Diego / 61
Re: Carlsbad still crowded?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 00:41:35 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, John Adachi writes:
Now that the Grand Opening is over and things are settling down, I would like
to take my family to Legoland in Carlsbad.  However, I am worried that large
crowds will ruin the Legoland experience for my 4 and 6 year old children.

Can anyone tell me how large the crowds are currently, on weekdays versus on
weekends?  How long are the lines and how fast do they move?  Are the play
activity areas so crowded that kids and adults don't get to participate?  Does
anyone have tips on how to avoid crowds or how to get the most out of a trip • to
Legoland.

Thank you for your help.

John -

I was in California recently on a business trip and stopped by Legoland on
Marsh 26th, soon after the grand opening.  Even though it was a miserable,
rainy day, I was shocked at the number of people still visiting the park.
Recent days have seen more rain there, but it's not keeping everybody away.
The day I visited was on a weekday, but there were still crowds to some extent.
I'd expect it to be a madhouse on good days right through this summer, but
that's my untrained opinion.  One tip I'd offer is to pull over to the drop-off
area on the left just before the parking entrance gates, and have somebody run
up to the Guest Relations window and purchase any passes that include parking,
if that's your plan.  The passes will get your parking fee waived.  Otherwise,
it's $6 and up to park, plus the cost of the pass if you decide to get one
later.

I was visiting just to get into the Big Shop to buy a Mindstorms set and some
other trinkets, but you usually have to pay for parking and a ticket to enter
the park just to do that.  I played the rainy day to my advantage, and managed
to get free parking and a 30 minute pass since I was buyin a fair quantity of
LEGO in the park store.

Have a good time,
Ed