 General / 7954
7953  |  7955
Subject:
New LEGO Corp Websites?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:06:21 GMT

  So, a few weeks ago, there was a rumor that Shop @ Home might
discontinue the Service Packs at the end of the year. Then there
was a hint that they may be opening a bulk-brick buying service
in the beginning of the new year.

  I admit I've been too busy to check back on these rumors, and
see if there has been any useful followups. But, since I've been
working so much, part of my work turned up a few puzzles...

  There are a few new LEGO domains that I never saw before.

  http://www.legolandca.com is for LEGOLAND Calif!

  http://www.legoirrigation.com  Water Whiz-LEGO, in Medley, FL USA
     (just an under construction page, with no clue about them...)
     (Maybe they do the plumbing, or the mechanics for the water-based
       displays in the LEGOLAND parks? ;-)

  A listing (without links?!?) for LEGO FUTURA APS, in Boston, MA
     (maybe for the MIT crowd and Mindstorms? Who knows?)

  http://legomedia-resources.com   LEGO Shop @ Home(!)
     (no DNS entry, just a name reservation?)

  http://www.legoworld.com   LEGOWORLD.COM, in San Diego, CA...
     (another URL with no DNS entry...anyone in SD know?)

  Let the Conspiracy Theorists come forward, and shed some shadow
on what I have brought into the light! ;-)

       -Z-         http://baylug.org