 General / 7973
Re: New LEGO Corp Websites?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:20:29 GMT

Naji Norder <n.norder@computer.org> wrote:
Sites like register.com still have to give the dns info to Network Solutions,
since they (NS) still run the .com. DNS servers.  (If you do an nslookup from

Actually, that's not true. (And, the whois database is seperate from the
dns database, anyway.)

Try

whois mkmiller.org

and

whois -h whois.register.com mkmiller.org

(or "whois mkmiller.org@whois.register.com", depending on your
implementation of whois)

Nevertheless, you're probably right in assuming that the cgi on

register.com's web site does a full check in some way, and that
legomedia-resources.com is not registered anywhere.

*wait five minutes*

Fun with bash:

metawhois() {
\whois $1@`\whois $1@whois.nsiregistry.com|awk '/Whois Server:/ { print $3 }'`
}
alias whois=metawhois

If you're using some *gak* csh variant, you'll of course need to modify
that.