 General / 7976
Re: New LEGO Corp Websites?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:50:30 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> writes:

David Zonker Harris wrote:
  http://www.legoirrigation.com  Water Whiz-LEGO, in Medley, FL USA
     (just an under construction page, with no clue about them...)
     (Maybe they do the plumbing, or the mechanics for the water-based
       displays in the LEGOLAND parks? ;-)

I hope that's not colonic irrigation with Lego.  Ouch!

All the others looked plausable, but I seriously suspect that this one is a
3rd-party domain name.  I wonder how long it'll be around before TLG's legal
sharks sink their teeth in...

I think there is an Israel-based company named LEGO which makes products for
water irrigation and hoses and things.  IANAL, but I don't think TLG has (or
can have) a problem with it because it's in a completely separate industry
and hence not trademark dilution (something along those lines).

--Todd

p.s.  This is wildly off-topic for .trains; followups to .publish