 Local / United States / California / San Diego / 102
Re: So is there any AFOLS living south of Legoland?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 21:03:38 GMT

Mark,

So far there is no LUG or LTC exclusively for the San Diego area, but a few
of us have recently formed the Southern California Lego Train Club (SCLTC)
and as of now the only members are in San Diego county.  We haven't a really
official meeting yet, but we're having meeting Sat. April 28, in Oceanside
to discuss entering some models in the Del Mar Fair.  Then I think most of
us are planning on going up to the LUGOLA meeting in the afternoon since it
will only be about 30-45 minutes away.  We'd love to have you come to either
or both meetings.  Let us know and we can give you directions.

John Gramley

Hi John,
Hmmm, sounds good. I will be busy in the AM on the 28th (Legoland, hehe). I
will have my son (who is 6) with me that weekend, I am still looking to
confirm a babysitter for my 6-month old daughter for this day (this is the
key here for me doing anyhting big on this day). I was planning on going to
the LUGOLA gathering, if I find a babysitter, then I will be there, if not,
then I may be there.
I do not have any train sets, I have been planning on getting started on it
sometime soon, I am a town man, and I figure every town needs a rail systen
of some kind! My son loves trains, he has a membership to the model train
museum in Balboa park in downtown SD, it is a really cool place (even though
they have no Lego). So if there is a mailing list of anykind for SCLTC, put
me on it ( Mfuss903@aol.com ). I probally do not have much to contribute at
this time, but who knows what the future will hold.
Mark P.
mfuss903@aol.com
P.S. Have you talked to Todd about setting up a section for your group? Or
am I being a blockhead and missing it?