 Local / Israel / *136 (-100)
  Re: Lego Drug Humor with Technic Figures

Interestingly enough, these images appeared in a popular Israeli magazine called "Rating". Kind of a cross between a weekly magazine and a TV guide. It appeared next to the editor's column. Supposedly, it's part of the war against drugs (????? cute (...) (21 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Happy New Year

Hello all Israeli Lego fans, Shana Tova and a happy new year to you all, Avi Parvin (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Happy New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL LEGO LOVER IN ISRAEL. I WISH YOU ALL A BETTER YEAR, NEXT YEAR THE FARAN FAMILIY (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Happy New Year

(...) Awesome picture, Yaron, thanks! (...) Hey John - it's a cool one. We take it from the opposite direction, and in hebrew: "She ze he, he ze who, who ze me ve-me ze ani!" That's how my sister learned English. :-) -Shiri (too lazy to sign out of (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) Awesome! I've heard such good things about NZ. I hope I get a chance to visit there one day. A friend of mine just got from Ireland and now I have an apetite for that, too! (...) Cool, take care and be safe. My sister just finished her studies (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) I believe it's higher now then ever (...) true (...) correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK, Amazon do not ship anything to Israel but books (but I might be wrong) (...) If you're looking for Mindstorms sets there not available though 'ROBOTEC' do (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Happy New Year

(...) Thanks! Shana Tova! - David (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) That's interesting, so in fact the importer actually did a good job (at least better than the situation now). because it's obvious the situation has been deteriorating over the past few years. Not so much in the price point of view (that was (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Happy New Year

(...) Cool, Yaron. Toda! (I learned a little Hebrew a long time ago-- here is a little primer I came up with: "me is who, who is he, and he is she":-) -John (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Happy New Year

Hi all, SHANA TOVA (Good Year) I wanted to say to you & your families have a happy, astonishing, new year with health, wealth & of course tons of new bricks. My minifig's wanted to say something too at: (URL) (I really hope you'll like it) Yaron (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) Yes, you were write, it was Kaufman until somewhere in the late 90's (I believe 97/98) but afterward (for some unknown peculiar reason) the import that Kaufman did stopped (some salesman from a little toy store told me) and that's why all the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) MECHES? AFAIK the import tax on toys is only 17% (I checked it when I started buying Lego on ebay) hardly enough to explain the 100-200% markup we're used to pay in Israel. (...) I suspect you are right :-( The chances are virtually zero, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) Isn't there nothing we can do to convince them otherwise? At the start there were less countries that shop@home did shipping and only a while ago they added countries like Australia, France and some others, could it be that they only taking (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) <snip> (...) Hey guys, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there's not much chance of letters like that helping. I had a chance to talk to a LEGO employee who, IIRC, is pretty high in the marketing heirarchy, at Brickfest 2001. Her name is Peggy (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) Dear David as for addresses shop.at.home.americas@lego.com, shop.at.home.europe@lego.com LEGO Shop At Home, LEGO House, 33 Bath Road, GB-Slough, Berks SL1 3UF, United Kingdom as for points, not such as more like asking and begging, I guess I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: time to get what we want

A. What address did you use? B. What were your main points/arguments (to save me some thinking time :-) Thanks, David (...) (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) Dear David I blasted both shop@home europe and shop@home US with alot of mails and got some responses on the mails and also a few letters about how the internet orders is relative new to them and how they want to try it for a while in only a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

Where did you address it? email or an actual letter? I'd love to join your efforts and send my similar request as well. - David (...) (22 years ago, 1-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) My "crusade" started almost a year ago by trying to convince shop@home to ship to Israel also. The facts are we can't get in Israel Legends, MOCs, Mindstorms and the way things going this year most of the shops here brings cheap Chinese (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concentration Camp "set" in NYC gallery - Israeli newspaper report

Few weeks ago, Ha’ir magazine also had a big article about this exhibition, with photos of the seven ‘sets’, and about the Jewish(!) artist, Alan Schechner. According to the article, Lego agreed to allow Schechner to do some art work with Lego logo (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Concentration Camp "set" in NYC gallery - Israeli newspaper report

In Maariv's "Weekend" ("Sofshavu'a") section, from Friday, the 22nd of March '02, there is a big section with articles about places to see in NYC, London, Paris and Rome over Passover vacation. I was browsing through and something caught my eye. It (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Made History today :-)

I just got lost in the unbelievably beautiful New Zealand... I'll be back in three weeks time. - David (As far from Israel as you can get) (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Made History today :-)

Hi Shiri, So I guess it just you and I now, in the Israeli (i.e. people who still live in Israel, in case Jennifer would like to comment on that) ALOF group... maybe David Arnon got lost in his unbelievably huge collection. Mentioning Jennifer and (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Made History today :-)

Hey - you and Dan have met! Though, it wasn't in Israel, you're both still Israeli :) (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Made History today :-)

(...) Congrats Shiri, good luck with more meetings.... Benjamin Medinets (22 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Made History today :-)

Hey guys, Avi and I made history today, as the first Israeli lego AFOLs to meet! Neither of us brought lego so we were just talking about it, :-/ but it was great to finally meet an Israeli AFOL! Also I discovered how weird it is to talk about lego (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: New Lego Fan

Hi Shiri, Kenyon Shivat Ha-Kohavim is fine, and so is the Seven Star Mall... Thursday is also fine with me. I emailed you me phone, you may email me yours. See you there, Avi Parvin (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: New Lego Fan

(...) Okay, Avi and Israel, thrusday it is! I will be in Kfar Saba from about 11 in the morning. I can stay and study for a few hours. I think we can meet at Kenyon Shivat Ha-Kohavim (the Seven Star Mall) - is that okay? I think that is a convenient (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: New Lego Fan

(...) Okay, I'll let you know which day I'll be in the area. I'll try for thursday but something came up and it might have to be monday. Talk to you soon :-) -Shiri (22 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: New Lego Fan

Hello all, Thanks Shiri and Israel for your greetings. Any date is fine with me. Best regards, Avi (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: New Lego Fan

Hi Everyone, Welcome aboard Avi :-) Next week sounds great, Thursday sound wonderful. "Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gqyxxt.9n9@lugnet.com... (...) meet (...) Saba (...) about (...) usually (...) can (...) and (...) :-( (22 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: New Lego Fan

Hi Avi!! It's great to see more AFOLs coming out of their hiding places. Nice to meet you. :-) I think maybe next week could be a good time to meet. I will be in Kfar Saba either next monday or thursday (the 11th or the 14th). I get there at about (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  New Lego Fan

Hello to all Lego fans in Israel. My name is Avi Parvin, from Legocity, a.k.a. Netanya. I’ve become an adult Lego fan few months ago, after 12 years of keeping my hands from the colorful bricks. And it is fun now even more than it was back then. My (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: new lego member asking for advice on giving "chugim"

Hi. I'm Yitzhak Bar Geva from Beit El. I've been in computer programming for twenty five years, much of which has been in real time applications. I would like to give "chugim" with the Lego Mindstorms and teach programming in NQC, Visual Basic, etc. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: new lego member

Unfortunatly I have to work at 13:00 (belive me, I'd rather be home building), but, almost everyday I'm home around 18:00-19:00. If you'll need a "trmp" to somewhere Haifa, Kfar sava or whereever I can bring you. Anyhow say when and we'll arrange (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: new lego member

(...) Hi Israel and everyone! We are now up to *six* Israeli AFOLs - David, Israel, myself, Aviv, Yaron and Gil. Yay!! This is an all time high, AFAIK. And 100 posts - we're on the right track, no doubt. Now we just have to get a meeting arranged. I (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  lego meeting in israel

OK all this is the 100 note on the israeli local. welldone for all of you. if you all can send me your telephone no. i try to arrange an israeli meeting. happy new year gil (22 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: new lego member

Hi All, As I mentioned before live in Netanya, which I believe is center for all of us Shiry, David, Gil, and I'm more then willing to arange the meeting in my place altough my LEGO is currently in boxes instead of on display Israel "Gil Faran" (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  new lego member

thanks david for your wellcome. is there any lego meeting in israel ??? happy new year to all in israel (and rest of the world) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: ;EGO CASTEL IN GOOD (?) PRICE

Hi! I noticed you are a new Israeli member to Lugnet, Welcome! - David (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  ;EGO CASTEL IN GOOD (?) PRICE

FOR ALL OF YOU WHO LOOKING FOR 6098 CASTEL IT IS ON SALE NOW ON SAKAL SALE FOR 300 SHEKEL. YOU CAN BUY IT ON DESIGN KENYON NEXT TO KENYON EYALON ON RAMAT-GEN. ALSO THEY HAVE NINGA SMALL BOX AND A FEW FOOTBALL. ENJOY (22 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Toys'R'Us rant

(...) Wow, that really stinks. I guess you should be glad they don't have K-Marts over there! (Or do they?) Maggie C. (who once walked out of a supermarket leaving a cartload of groceries on the conveyor at the checkstand because the clerk was rude) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Toys'R'Us rant

Hey guys, Okay, I need to vent a bit of annoyance... it's not too bad, just a very obnoxious salesperson. So I go to the Grand Canyon's TRU, right? And the prices of lego are outrageous, but I knew that already. I wasn't expecting to find any (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  LEGO Alpha Team mentioned in Jerusalem Post

(URL) follows - used without permission: Save the world from evil Ogel By Judy Siegel-Itzkovich (December 5) - Tzevet Alpha (Alpha Team), a CD-ROM dubbed and translated into Hebrew by Hed Artzi Multimedia from the original English disk by Lego (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.il)

  Jack Stone commercials on Israeli TV

Yep, it's none other than "Jack Stone, LEGO's new hero!" - "Ha-Gibor Ha-khadash shel lego." I've seen it on channel 2 commercials at least three times - Jack swinging on the helicopter's rope, dangling and finally landing safely in time to save the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Technic in Israel?

(...) Keep in mind that the older sets (the ones that came out more than two years ago) are usually hard to find. They rarely show up in the stores here in Israel. For a better reference on Technic sets you can check some excellent review sites: (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Technic in Israel?

Hi David. Thank you so much for your post. It is very informative. You mentioned many sets so this serves as a nice little introduction to good sets that are out there. I'll certainly look them up before I go on this next shopping round. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Technic in Israel?

Hi Aviv! Welcome! It's nice to finally hear of someone with a similar mania [1] here in Israel (and in Jerusalem, no less! I live in Mevaseret). What made you decide to order the RIS set from Australia? I went through a different route - first I got (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Technic in Israel?

Hi all. I've recently bought the Mindstorms RIS and it is so much fun. I'm spending hours and hours on this thing, and it seems to be the last toy I'll ever need. Unfortunately, it turns out that "im haochel ba hate'avon", as the Hebrew proverb (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Old catalogs

Thank you all for responding my query about the Lego catalogs from the 70's. I'm happy that my hobby from childhood is interesting for someone. With such an interest, maybe I should put it in the Museum?... Anyway, "the winner" is... Dan Boger! to (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Old catalogs

(...) Hi Shlomo, I happen not to be interested, but there might be a lot of people outside of Israel who may be interested. I am cross-posting this to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, so more people can see it. Good luck! -Shiri (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Old catalogs

I came across a small collection of Lego catalogs & brochures from ~72-75 which were somehow kept in my parent's home. They are in English, Hebrew, Danish (I think) and some multiple-language. If someone is interested in this (for the cost of (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: A job involving LEGO Mindstorms!

(...) Great! Is it a course or an ongoing research? If it is related to a course, What kind of course is it? Here at the Hebrew University we had two LEGO - oriented courses last year: One of them was for first year students and used HandyBoard to (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.il)

  So am I! (was: I'm back... :-)

Hey, yay, I can latch onto another thread! And Selçuk's no less! I'm back too, and will soon be checking email on every day or every other day basis. And start up a posting frenzy (or not?)... By the way, I'm starting my studies in Haifa University (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Trying to reach Shiri

Chris already knows this (I got ahold of him) but for the rest of you: thanks for the concern. I'm fine, my family is safe. The reason we didn't answer the phone is simply - we weren't home. I was in Haifa taking a uni. entrance test, and heard (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Trying to reach Shiri

(...) I tried to call her but there is no answer. Things here in Israel are all right - I'm sure the only people to worry about at the moment are the people in NYC. I'm sure there is no reason to worry about her, she'll probably call you once the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Trying to reach Shiri

(...) Hey Matt, thanks for trying to call, but the lines from the US to Israel are disconnected (from what Shiri's mom tells me). That's her parents' house tho, where her and two of her sisters are staying. -Chris (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Trying to reach Shiri

(...) Chris, I'm sure she's all right...Jill and I have been thinking of her all day, too...I'm sure the lines were just packed to capacity...try not to worry, OK? Is that number her parent's or her sister's? It just rings and rings for me... Matt (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Trying to reach Shiri

Hi to everyone who frequents here: I've been trying to reach Shiri for the past while, and can't get ahold of her (phone lines from the US to Israel are disconnected). If somebody over there could give her a call or something for me (the number she (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: I'm moving...

Hi Shiri, Actually I leave in Netanya "Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GHyt3n.B26@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: I'm moving...

(...) That's what I thought... I hope we can get together sometime relatively soon. Maybe we can form ILUG (Israel Lego Users Group?) or IsLUG? Or LUGI (Lego User Group of Israel). Maybe kheli (like the name... khet lamed yud) for Khovevi Lego (...) (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: I'm moving...

(...) I live in Jerusalem and if I remember correctly Israel lives in T"A. (...) Thanks, I'd be happy to meet fellow IAFOL some time. (...) - David (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: I'm moving...

trimmed .people from the groups (...) Remind me where you two live? I seem to remember something said about Jerusalem and Tel-Aviv. I will be in the Haifa area all next year. Maybe we can arrange a few get-togethers (my grandpa lives in T"A (...) (23 years ago, 11-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Milwaukee Meet pics

Hiya! The second meet here in Milwaukee went just great! Sarah and I had a really fun time having some AFOL's over to visit for the day. Dave Amos of Bricktannia.com from a few hours north of us stopped by first, and we chatted a while and checked (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.org.us.gmlug)

  Re: I'm moving...

Hi Shiri, Welcome back :-) I know of two more AFOLs. One of them I know personaly, the other, there's a roumer about him :-) Hoping to meet you all Israel "Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GHEEw7.JCy@lugnet.com... (...) though. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: I'm moving...

(...) Thanks!! (...) Landing August 27th... It'll be mid-September by the time I'm settled though. (...) Either Haifa U. or the Technion. I still need to pass a few more tests, and then they'll decide if I got into the departments I wanted and I'll (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: I'm moving...

(...) try. (...) Welcome! When are you coming? What college are you going to attend? Are you going on the 'ATUDA' project? Best of luck in everything you do in Israel (and out of Israel for that matter) - David (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Help with a few words - kinda urgent

(...) On second thought 'Charming' might be better. - David (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Help with a few words - kinda urgent

Sorry for being late, so little traffic here that I check this group only once in a while... (...) That's a hard one, I believe the scientific word is "Reseda" that is latin for 'to sooth', 'to calm down' (apparently it was used as a source for a (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Help with a few words - kinda urgent

(...) I think it technically translates to cyclamen, which is a type of primrose. I've seen Rakefet used for other spring wildflowers, so it may have a more generic meaning. (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Help with a few words - kinda urgent

(...) heh, never knew flower names... :) and my dictionary doesn't have it. :/ (...) I believe that's Velvet? (...) I agree... it means more than worry... I think between worry and care you got it mostly covered though... (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Help with a few words - kinda urgent

(...) Shiri- Have you seen this page: (URL) It's a clearinghouse of online dictionaries. It does give two Hebrew-English dictionaries, maybe one of those has a reverse function? This one looked sorta promising: (URL) Good luck, anyways! :) See you (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Help with a few words - kinda urgent

XP .off-topic.fun (...) Actually, what the heck - if you're bored, ye lugnet folk, check these out and let me know if it sounds normal... (it all sounds worlds better in hebrew, 'course.) --- Lyrics Translation for select hebrew songs Aviv Gefen’s (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Help with a few words - kinda urgent

Help! Help! Stupid babelfish doesn't know how to translate to hebrew, I dunno where my heb-eng dictionary is, and I can't for the life of me remember how to say these words in English: Rakefet? (the flower) and Ktipha? (the material) It's not a (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Israeli Lego?

(...) I don't know, I don't remember other old sets than the ones I mentioned. Apart from Nancy I only looked around in Paris last August, and then I was looking for Mindstorms stuff, not old sets. Jürgen PS: My dark age ended 1999-12-31, so 'old' (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.loc.fr)

  Re: Israeli Lego?

(...) to (...) The prices of LEGO in Israel are just unbelievable. I often wonder were all that price difference goes to. Is someone getting very rich here? (...) I (...) Well, yeah, but at least for me those are pretty old and rare sets (1993-1995) (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.loc.fr)

  Re: Israeli Lego?

(...) I noticed it too traveling around France & Spain, and the same happens here in Italy: no sets on sale ever. The bad side of this is we never buy cheap Lego. The good side being that for this reason the shelves never get empty and it's still (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.loc.fr)

  Re: Israeli Lego?

(...) And I thought 399FF (~60EUR, the normal price here) were a tad expensive for a 8448 ... (I bought most of my stuff on sale for ca half price in Germany) (...) So you paid approximately the list price, maybe a little less. Here in Nancy at (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.loc.fr)

  Re: Israeli Lego?

(...) me (...) According to my experience Israel is the worst place to find LEGO. After a lot of searching [1] my only "finds" (those are bargains only for someone that is used to buying his LEGO through ebay and pay for shipping to Israel) are (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.loc.fr)

  Re: Israeli Lego?

I've found some interesting LEGO sets in Han Toys in the mall of Ramat Aviv in tel Aviv. As for the Israeli duty free, don't count on it, the selection is very limited and the prices are high. Israel (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Israeli Lego?

I don't really remember any great places or anything like that, but perhaps people in the .il group would? FUT lugnet.loc.il (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.il)

  A new community for collectors

In IOL (Israel On Line), there's a community for collectrs and hobbies, it's in hebrew and it's for all of us. The link: (URL) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Time of crisis

<deep breath> Thanks, Y'hudah. My sisters are going back there in a week, and, frankly, I kinda wish there was something I could do, or at least be there. But.... I can't, and it wouldn't help anyone, so I guess all I can do is just stay glued to (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Time of crisis

I just wanted to let all of you know my thoughts and prayers go out to your nation in this time of crisis. I hope peace will win and innocent people will stay safe from violence. Remember you are the apple of His eye. Shalom, Y'hudah (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.il) !

  Roll call

(Unless you're from the area(s), I've set FUT to .people ;-) Well... seems like I owe myself to do one of these every half a year. I'm such a fickle person, I need it. ;-) So here goes! Name: Shiri Dori Gender: Female Year of Birth: 1984 Mental (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: Anyone?!....

(...) But of course!! We only have 2809 messages to catch up on!! And about 1000 more than that for the Italians... Ein Ba-aya, nachon khevreh? Israel, David... yalla, la-derech!! (Hah!! Betcha million bucks (USD!!) that they won't know what *that* (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Anyone?!....

<snip> (...) :-( It seems that I won't. I only have three Saturdays, I'll be in Jerusalem one of them, but with my sister who I haven't seen for a few months. Sorry... I'd like to meet you, but this camp has a very tight schedule... :-/ Maybe next (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Anyone?!....

(...) I know what you mean! (...) Am I to understand you live in Tel Aviv? I'll be happy to drive there to meet you two. (...) Shiri - If you have some free time on one of the Saturdays you're here in Israel, just say the word. - David (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Anyone?!....

Hi David, Yes I'm still here between university, work and personal life (what is it???) :-) any way, like I said before I'm looking forward to meet you, and I don't mind doing it at my place (kind of in the middle) :-) waiting to hear from you two, (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Anyone?!....

Hi! Glad to see you're still around. Shiri should already be here in Israel, I hope she'll have some time during the vacation, and that we'll be able to set something up. - David (...) permissions. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Anyone?!....

Hi Shiri and David, Sorry for not posting earlier, but I had a problem with my writing permissions. I'd love to meet with you, to know you and to hear about interesting MOC's in mind etc. My e-mail is always open :-) Hoping to hear from you soon, (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Anyone?!....

(...) Oh... too bad. :-( But even your "LOCs" are probably cool. :-) (...) Oh, yes, she's been back for a while. I don't know exactly, but she wasn't gone for more than a month... (...) Yeah... :-\ (...) Thanks. I'll have access at least for the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Anyone?!....

(...) Actually I don't. :( I started a few MOCs but in the last few months with work & university I haven't managed to bring any MOC to a presentable level. I might be able to bring a few LOCs (LEGO Own Creation) with a few (minor) improvements if (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Anyone?!....

(...) Yeah. Too bad... I hope we can find s'more AFOLs around. I know there was another Israeli, a DUPLO fan, around here... turned out he worked with my dad... I wonder where he is now? (...) Uh... guesso. :-\ (...) yep...five weeks of fun in the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Anyone?!....

(...) I am. I've been reading LUGNET quite regularly and I even posted a few messages, but three Israeli AFOLs with different theme interests (castle-town-technic) that do all their shopping abroad (and one of them is not actually in Israel - I (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Anyone?!....

Well guys, This group seems kinda dead... Israel, David, you still there? Ani ba-ah la-aretz od shavua... ani ehe-yeh dey asuka aval im atem rotzim le- hipagesh... ze yihiye sababa! ;-) LMK... -Shiri (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Israeli talks?

(...) Oh, that reminds me. If anyone wants me to pick something specific up on sale, I could do that and bring it over to Israel in the summer (I'll be visiting then). Many times the clearance prices are MUCH cheaper than the S@H prices, I (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Israeli talks?

(...) Very familiar... no problem about the late response :-) (...) Youch. I better get my hands on some Yedee-ot or Maariv... those are hard to find around here tho' :-) (...) Well... if there are any other people! (Hello, anyone out there?! (there (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Israeli talks?

10X :-) I'm now more into town then Technic. I wanr to finish my little town (more of a village) and to put it on a site :-) (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

  Re: Israeli talks?

(...) If you (or any one else in Israel) want I can buy the 8462 and bring it to you whenever we get close - you to Jerusalem or me to where ever you live. (I actually have no idea where that is) David. (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.il)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact