 Local / Israel / 64
Re: Help with a few words - kinda urgent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 04:19:14 GMT

XP .off-topic.fun

In lugnet.loc.il, Shiri Dori writes:
-Shiri (who's translating songs for a friend's birthday present. in case
you're wondering, both those words are from David Broza's "I loved her then,
I love her now".)

Actually, what the heck - if you're bored, ye lugnet folk, check these out
and let me know if it sounds normal...

(it all sounds worlds better in hebrew, 'course.)

---

Lyrics Translation for select hebrew songs

Aviv Gefen’s “Livkot L’cha”/Crying for you:

I’m going to
Cry for you,
Be strong up there.
My longings
Like doors that open at night

Chorus:
Forever, my brother,
I’ll remember you always,
And we’ll meet at the end, you know.
And I have friends
But even they disappear
When compared to your amazing light.

When you’re sad
You go to the beach,
That’s why the sea is salty
And it’s sad
That you can return equipment,
But not longing (i.e. missing someone)...

Chorus

And like the waves
We crash
Into the pier
Into life...
And like the waves
We crash
Into the pier
Into life

Avtipus’s “Tash’iri li makom lechabek otach ba-khalom” / Hold me in your
dreams (leave me room to hug you in the dream)

You told me yesterday that you dreamt about me at night…

You told me yesterday
That you dreamt about me at night
It’s such a nice thing, to know
That someone dreams about you
Even if it’s a short dream
And if it’s you –
Then it’s even more –
Even more nice [nicer]…

Chorus:
Dream [on]
Dream [on]…
And leave me room to hug you in the dream
And leave me room to hug you in the dream
And leave me room to hug you -
In the dream.

When you’re asleep
And smiling to yourself
I’m happy that you’re there, sometimes…
It’s nice to be dreamt about
Even if it’s a short dream
And if it’s you –
Then it’s even more –
Even more nice [nicer]…

Chorus

And leave me room to hug you –
And leave me room to hug you –
And leave me room to hug you,
And leave me room to hug you in the dream…
And leave me room to hug you in the dream…

And leave me room to hug you in the dream.

David Broza’s “Ahavti Ota Pa’am Ohev Ota Achshav”/I loved her then I love
her now

When she left,
A rakefet [flower] grew,
And a stream passed through the woods…
An amazing fairy
That suddenly disappeared
And today she’s almost a woman
She was song and a rare bird
Disturbed reality
Dunno when, but in the lows of my life,
I felt like a sea in tide to her…
On a night like this, let me give her a star
From the Milky Way…
I loved her then,
I love her now.

How d’you know when you see an angel arrives,
Wha’d you do to make him stay?
We loved fast and more and more,
Who thought all that would end?
Every little room in an old hotel
Was for us, a nest of lovers
And no matter how much we grew apart since
We always stayed close…
She was the princess of the spring, I was king of the fall…
I loved her then,
I love her now.

Sometimes she was sad and cried,
I held her tight.
We ran for hours in fields of tears
Until the night was over
She wrote me four songs [poems] a day
Signed with an arrow-cut heart;
If that’s not a language
Dreams of ktipha
That fell out of the wooden box…
We found a map to treasure island, and how didn’t we sail to it…?
I loved her then,
I love her now.

Naked on the beach
We hugged endlessly
And swore it was forever
She never loved the sand
and always loved the sea
when she left
A rakefet grew
And a stream passed through the woods……
An amazing fairy
That suddenly disappeared
And today she’s completely a woman

When I got hurt, I didn’t feel a thing
Later it was painful
I loved her then,
I love her now…

KTAV’s (?) “Shiri Li Kinneret”/Sing to me, Kinneret (I may be messing up the
words, beware… :-) I hope I got it right)

There, Golan Mountains are in the horizon
Standing, still silently
Standing with all their might
Still protecting the heights
And as they sit with those
Around the fire,
They call the Kinneret, singing:

Chorus:
Sing to me, Kinneret
An old song
Sing to me, Kinneret,
Sing to me, the Golan.

The dinghy still floating
Her sail looking at the beach
And the brush of eucalypti
Still taking care of the view
And as the net flies out at the end of the storm,
They answer the Kinneret with a song:

Chorus

The jordan plays a symphony
To the birds,
And together, in harmony,
They sing and play,
And children, in series,
In a class of prayer,
Answer the Kinneret in song:

Chorus repeats til fade

Yehudit Ravitz – “Mishehu”/Someone

Someone
Someone is worrying
Worrying for me
Up there
Came and lit
A few stars
And they’re falling
One
By
One.

We spin in two separate ways
Day and Night, to their length
Tired and hungry and waiting for more
In paths of dust and time.

We’ll meet in the end of ways and questions
We’ll meet in after many days, at the end of many nights
I know that you’re getting nearer now
Spring passed,
Summer was collected,
And the rain returned,
Ooooh…

Someone
Someone worries
Worries for me
Up there
Came and collected
A few stars
Brought them back
One
By
One.

We spin in two separate ways
Day and Night to their length
Tired and hungry and waiting for more
In paths of dust and time…

We’ll meet in the end of ways and questions
We’ll meet in after many days, at the end of many nights
I know that you’re getting nearer now
Spring passed,
Summer was collected,
And the rain returned,
Ooooh…

Matti Caspi – “makom le-de’aga” /a place to worry (live)

In the edge of the sky
And the end of the desert
There’s a faraway place,
Full of wild flowers.
A small place,
Desolated and crazy,
A place to worry.

And there, they say what’ll happen
And there they think about all that happened
God there sits and sees
And takes care of everything he created
It’s not allowed to pick the garden’s flowers
It’s not allowed to pick the garden’s flowers
And [he] worries…
Worries horribly.

[repeat all the song, to end]

Shlomo Artzi – “menagev lach et ha-dma’ot” / wiping your tears away

Takes half a pill
To calm herself down
And throws a sentence to pick a fight-
“Me, or you, or me?”
And me, I’m closed in myself
My words can’t come out anymore
And other than calling her name,
Wiping her tears away.

Chorus:
Cry for me now,
Cry, I say,
It hurts, it’ll hurt, and in the end it’ll go away…
Cry for me now, I can’t cry anymore…
Me, my job, to wipe your tears away.

Look, she tells me,
Fog’s covering the street,
Problems start in your head,
Life’s scary enough.
And me, I’m closed in myself,
Can’t see anything anymore
And other than calling her name,
Wiping her tears away.

Chorus:
Cry for me now, (it hurts)
Cry, I say,
It hurts, it’ll hurt, and in the end it’ll go away… (go away)
Cry for me now, I can’t cry anymore…
Me, my job, to wipe your tears away.

Repeat original Chorus

---

If anyone wants the mp3s for any of these songs (they're all in hebrew if
you didn't get that yet), LMK.

-Shiri