 Local / Israel / 54
Re: Time of crisis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.il
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 03:03:03 GMT

<deep breath>

Thanks, Y'hudah. My sisters are going back there in a week, and, frankly, I
kinda wish there was something I could do, or at least be there. But.... I
can't, and it wouldn't help anyone, so I guess all I can do is just stay glued
to CNN and try to keep up with things.

It's going to be a full-fledged war now, probably - the IDF's planning on
calling in reservists now, and there have been more bombings all night (it's 6
AM in Israel now)!... <shaking head>... and it sounds like Iraq is trying to
get involved too. Just what we need.

<sigh>
Here's to hoping it gets better (but preparing for the worst).

-Shiri (who'll be joining the IDF herself in, what, a year and a half?)

BTW, if anyone's interested, this is a <leftist> <peace-supporting> newspaper -
Ha'Aretz (= the country):
(Hebrew): http://www.haaretz.co.il/  (not working ATM - obviously overflowed)
(English): http://www3.haaretz.co.il/eng/htmls/1_1.htm

(It's the third leading newspaper in Israel, after Maariv and Yediot Aharonot;
but I think its site is much better for keeping up.)