 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3254
Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:28:42 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Enrique Durand writes:

That is often a conflict between the advertising department and the production
people. I am sure Lego would like to have all their items in the most recent
catalog, but then there's the dilemma: If an item is not ready in time for the
catalog, do you (1) release a catalog with non-available items, (2) hold the
product until the next catalog comes out, or (3) release the catalog as is, and
then release the products as they become available. If (3) then the next
catalog can be updated to include the new products at that time. But of course,
there will be still newer products not out in time for that printing, thus the
never-ending cycle continues.

They could put the new-new stuff in the catalog, with blurbs like "Available
September 1st!".  Seems like they do that already, sometimes.  But Maybe
I've misremembering...

Steve