 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3109
Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 04:06:02 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Victor Knight writes:

The solution to TLG's woes isn't Bionicle or juniorization, I think the
solution is lowering prices, which we all know could be done.

Bionicle has some interesting features to it that could make it popular with
a different crowd.  I won't say anything against it till it has had a chance.

And pieces for towns don't come as readily now as they did back in the day.
I can't remember the last time I saw a car door, and ...

Shell is selling gas station sets that have car doors.  I've bought enough
now that I can let everyone know.

LEGO needs to improve town for older kids and AFOLs.  Especially since LTCs
are growing more popular - they need good parts availability for layouts,
and the people getting back into LEGO because of an LTC need to see good
stuff to build with themselves.

I think Lego see adults building with Technic, Mindstorms, and Trains, but
they don't understand that I like to build towns with my train sets.  I also
like mindstorms, but I use it to build moving towns.

Jonathan D.