 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3174
Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 23:34:26 GMT

But here's my point.  Don't get so worked up about "juniorization".  The fact
is, there has never been a better time for LEGO builders old and young than
right now today, and it will keep getting better.  Take a look out there--
LUGNET, LUGs, LTCs, Brickbay, Brickshelf, bulk services-- what fantastic
resources!  You guys are getting older now; don't worry about building sets.
Sets are for kids.  As Mike Timm so eloquently puts it in his sig: "All other
themes are just spare parts for Castle!" (or spare parts for *anything* you
want). Start building MOCs and let the *real* creativity begin!

Then there's the poor little kids who have jsut started building lego who
get these cheap sets and when they get tired of them they go in the closet
like any other toy, accept they fall apart. One reason for Lego's success is
the transformation fact. My friend builds huge space battle cruisers all the
time. Then he gets tired of them and crushes them into something new. Kids
won't be able to do that with Jack Stone or something else severely juniorized.

Yes, Lego is a childs toy, but can't it be a good one? At this pace, Lego is
not going to be building construction toys anymore.