 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3242
Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 03:50:46 GMT

This reply will probably sound much more snotty than I intend it to, so my
most humble apologies in advance.  I mean this as a serious commentary.

In lugnet.lego.direct, Enrique Durand writes:
I agree, the 7000-7003 dinosaurs are indeed made with more bricks and less
specialized pieces.

So this begs the question then.... why aren't they in the catalog?  Are they
old or deleted items?

I don't think that is the case. If anything, they may be too new to be in the
catalog.

If they are new then, shouldn't they *definitely* be in the catalog?  Isn't
that the whole reason companies print catalogs in the first place?  To show
off their latest greatest products?

This catalog is full-color printing on glossy paper.  They are very
expensive to print and distribute.  Why not make the most of it?  Plan
ahead.  Use every inch of the page.  Put every single new product you have
into it.  If the products weren't ready in time for the catalog, then why not?

I just started seeing them in stores a short while ago, and most stores
near me still carry the whole line.

I haven't seen either set of dinosaurs in stores around here, which also
lead to my confusion about which ones Frank was commenting on.

Regards,
Allan B.