 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3133
Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 04:17:51 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Joe Franco writes:
I cant believe what Lego is doing to their toy line. First, they kill the
town and city themes, second, they juniorized their sets to the point where
a truck or car has only 10 pieces, then they introduce Jack Stone, without
keeping another town or city theme for older people. Jack Stone should have
been introduced as duplo or with other themes to back it up, just in case it
doesnt do well, which it probably wont. Other age groups collect and play
with lego toys, not just kids. Joe

I have to agree with you with this...
I would like to see a return of town, but not a return of police, fire or
emergency sets....I have  95 % of the police and fire sets (including 2
flame fighters, and about to have 2 6389's.)

I read some of the stuff on the Lego Feed-back page and most of it
is sensible regarding the return of Town.  I would love to have a bunch
of appartment buildings in my "Downtown AREA", a bunch of town houses
in my other residential areas, and maybe some decent looking factory sets
to go with the town warehouses AKA cargo center, etc.

Anyways....just some suff I'd like to see.  And I do hope for the dismal
failure of Jack Stone!!!  (there's always Lego Town Legends....which
I hope they put out soon!!)

Benjamin Medinets