 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3142
Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 19:45:18 GMT

in article GHw6zL.5qK@lugnet.com, Dave Johann at hardcoredj@techie.com wrote
on 8/11/01 12:18 AM:

Alright then, here's a bigger question. Do you consider the masks to be
collectible items from Lego or do you think of them as 12 more building parts
in semi random colors. I think of them in the second way. After all, if it
can't be used in a MOC, then what good is it, really?

They are building parts, but they don't appear to be particularly useful
building parts. Really all they are (from a building perspective) are caps
for posts. I suppose you could use them to simulate armor the way they're
used on the combined Turaga figure.

If they were going to do semi-rare Toa parts I'd have liked to have seen
alternate arms, legs, etc. How about arms and legs that are jointed at the
knee and elbow? That would be too cool. By limiting themselves to masks Lego
is missing out.

Think of it this way... Mattel makes tons (or tonnes for those not in the
U.S.) of money not off Barbie but off all the Barbie accessories. Lego
should do Toa accessory packs that change the shape and behavior of the Toa,
not simply the mask.

                                            - Jordan
                                            lundj@earthlink.net

* "I have a deep, emotional attachment to 'Starsky and Hutch'."    *
*  - President Bill Clinton, quoted in Time Magazine, Feb. 1996    *