 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3160
Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 00:22:43 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jonathan Dallas writes:
Just my two cents.

I bought the green dragon.  I found the set to be challenging, and a well
designed set.  Granted it is a little too cute for me, but still a nice
design.  On top of that, once you take it apart you have tons (tonnes) of
green parts that you can build landscapes out of.

Isn't what we're trying to tell Lego?  That we want sets that are
challenging to build, well designed, and have basic parts that we can build
other models from.

Agreed.

And I would argue that the sets that LD has brought out so far under their
aegis are hitting this mark quite well. LD gets it. LD knows what we want
and LD is delivering.

I've said it before and I'll no doubt (to the annoyance of those who have
heard it before...) say it again. I believe LD will, if it makes its
numbers, expand what it is able to bring us, to our great happiness. I
believe LD is changing how things get done inside TLC at an internally
blistering pace (that is, one notch up from "glacial" as perceived by us
outsiders, but still internally blistering).

The dudes in their Danish ivory towers who make good designers design bad
stuff can go hang for all I care as long as they leave LD alone to do what
it does.

I still have complaints, of course, I want lower prices and I want more,
faster, I am bummed about the misprints on the Guarded Inn, etc. etc., ...
but I am happy.