 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3129
Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 02:42:47 GMT

I see that some people who gave their thoughts and opinions on this topic
have mixed reviews- not a suprise. Everyone's opinions DO count, but it
doesnt seem that way to Lego. If Lego was listening to us, they would have
probably kept the town/city theme and (or) made a new theme for AFOLs, like
you and me. AFOLs mostly like themes that they have collected from their
childhood, or from a few years ago, where they could build a *challenging*
set that would contain a whole lot of pieces, rather than todays sets which
contain a handfull of crappy pieces, and take a few minutes to complete. We
may never know why Lego killed the town/city themes, but we know that it was
a bad idea. My cousin bought her son, who is 4, the new Jack Stone Police
station set a few weeks ago for his birthday. He put the set together in
less than 10 minutes. I know he's not a genious but he didnt have to use the
directions. He just looked at the box every time he needed to add a piece. I
remember when I was 4 and I got a Lego set, (not Duplo) I needed my parents
help and the directions just to build an unjouniorized car, let alone the
whole building! Over Time, lego has become more and more boring. When I go
to the Toys R Us a few blocks away from my house, I usually walk past the
Legos on the Shelves because their selection is horrible. As for the new
10001 Metroliner and 10002 Club Car, I cant wait to get a few of them. I
know that some people dont care and dont want Lego to rerelease these sets,
because they had enough of them, but i think its great. I was not able to
get both sets when it came out, so now is my chance, along with the
hundreds, possibily thousands of Lego Fans to get this set, since they
couldnt get it the first time. I dont blame others and myself for not
wanting to pay over $200 for a Club car alone, and over $300 for a
Metroliner, so nows our chance to get these sets at a fair price.

Just my 2 cents. Joe