 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3123
Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:03:22 GMT

Jonathan Dallas wrote:

Another line which seems to be doing just fine is the dinosaurs. In the
past few days, none of the stores I've been to have had very many on the
shelves. The smaller dinosaurs are interesting in my mind. There really
haven't been sets in the past which focused on building creatures mostly
out of bricks. I'd say this is a _good_ thing. Showing kids that wow!
You can build animals from bricks. ....

Dinosaurs and bricks?  I don't remember bricks in the dinosaur sets.  Maybe
I missed a set, but the ones I've seen have a dino body, two sets of legs, a
tail, and a head.  None of these are what I would term bricks.

Just me being picky. ; )

I should have been more clear and highlighted the small dinosaur sets.

Of course the big dinos do have two 2x2 medium slopes in them... :-)

The idea of building animals from bricks is cool and should be explored
further.  The first castle sets used horses made from bricks, but then went
to something more realistic.  I would love to see a barn yard (sheep, pigs,
rabbits, cows) all made out of bricks.  There's an idea, a farm theme to go
with town.  I see tractors, large tan or brown base plates, and new plants.

I think we will see more building of animals from bricks. I also won't
be surprised to see a few new elements designed to make it easier to
build animals.

I'd love to see some expansion of the idea started with the big dinos.
The idea of a variety of somewhat generic building pieces is good.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com