 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3158
Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 20:26:36 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Victor Knight writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Victor Knight writes:

Not true. I don't like Star Wars, and none of the sculptures are of any use
to me. What can i do with a giant minifig or dragon or sopwith camel? Maybe
if the dragon was menacing I could pass it off as some monument in a
medieval town, or if the camel was minifig-scale, or I guess I could use the
Statue of Liberty if my town was NYC, but none of these are true.

The minifig isn't THAT useful but the other three you name are veritable
treasure troves of parts. Sopwith Camel especially looks like someone who
knows what sort of parts I like designed it to be a great parts source to
fill in the gaps in my Tan/Brown/Dark Grey arsenal.

I guess that's true but I thought we were talking about instances where the
TLG model was good. If we're talking about as a set of parts, then yes.

OK.

I'll defend the Camel as a good, even great, model, though. It isn't minifig
scale but neither are other model team sets. It's a bit bigger scale than
model team but it is along the same lines. I found it to be a very enjoyable
build. Heck, I even posted a review of it.

And the Minifig seems to be meeting a need, too.