 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *3074 (-100)
  Re: GREAT serive (was: Another Legend dies)

(...) Now *THAT'S* what I call customer service!! {:^D (I wonder if they would give me a ride to the airport next week?) -John (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  GREAT serive (was: Another Legend dies)

(...) Well, I have to add that the Consumer Service is not only *usually* okay - it certainly rocks and is the best Consumer Service I have ever heard of! Of course I am sad about missing elements and defected parts - but the two pieces I claimed (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Sopwith Camel overtakes Guarded Inn! (and it's a NEW set!)

That 3033 listing isn't even close to the real # sold to Lugnetters, of course (as is any other listing). I certainly haven't listed the 70+ tubs I've bought, and I doubt others I know that have bought more of them than me are listed. 1500 tubs is (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dinosaurs - kind of a let down

(...) I had to open my set to see what you were talking about :) Ok, the LUGNET Guide picture has been corrected, up to LEGO to fix the one on their site. :) Thanks for pointing this out. (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Sopwith Camel overtakes Guarded Inn! (and it's a NEW set!)

(...) Multiply that by the list price of $20 and you get $31,460. For a corporation the size of TLC, that is awfully small potates. That's why AFOLs don't have as much sway as we imagine. At best, we can hope to be considered good advisors to TLC (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sopwith Camel overtakes Guarded Inn! (and it's a NEW set!)

actually at tiem of viewing guarded inn was higher i wonder if lego knows they have sold us 1573 3033 {Unnamed 1200-piece brick tub} that's alot of brick "Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in news:GG7qs2.2u9@lugnet.com: (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: more re-releases on s@h site.

(...) go to www.lego.com ===> go to shop ===> pick out the country of origin (which country you live in) ===> voila, the shop @ home site!!! Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: more re-releases on s@h site.

(...) I'm brand new to posting. What's a S@h site? (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Bulk Wish List

I may simply be hallucinatory, since I cannot find any posts that talk about what I'm thinking of, but I seem to recall reading on LUGNET that 1) Back about when Bulk Paks were coming out (or earlier) someone (not TLC) set up a Webpage to track what (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  10000 S@H screw up

Hi, I tried to order 10000 Guarded Inn online at S@H (in Germany), but it is marked as sold out for a couple of days now. I couldn't believe this and phoned S@H. I was told that there are still more than 2500 copies available (in Denmark). So what's (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) The new sets tend to come out in black/white boxes with new set numbers. I think that is beyond minor differences. (...) We will probably see differences in minifig elements (when was the new torso and head introduced?) as well as differences (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Ha Ha. Very funny. :-) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) There might be some minor packaging differences, but the set itself should be exactly the same compared to the 1992 Metroliner. Same thing goes for the club car as well. I am now scambling to get off my unemployed ass and start scraping up (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Classics now at shop.lego.com

(...) actually, just called s@h, cause the price on the Front end loader didn't seem right. Apparently, LD got the pictures/names switched between 8463 and 8464. So the front end loader is 8464, and the forklift is 8463. I was assured by s@h that LD (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Lego is reproducing these GREAT SETS?(4558 and 4547)? will there be any packaging or differences to the trains that are visible?where can i get more info on these new sets? Joe Franco (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) Thanks, Jake & all for this opportunity for your customers to be heard. In the past, quite often phone representatives have told me that The Lego Company does not take outside ideas. I think you are all moving in the right direction here. One (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Well Joe, thats a good start for the GNYLTC. I expect your membership to steadily grow and thrive.-Harvey (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) Maybe I've been taking too many CS courses lately, but I don't think "both randomly and logically selected" makes much sense. Anyway, I don't trust the random number generator that the back end is using for this "randomness": in the first part (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Umm, yes. They are re-releaseing these sets. And you probably are missing SOMETHING if you own any LEGO or have ever bought large quantities of said brick. What I want to know, is when are the Collector Pirate sets coming out!? Any info I may (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Wait a minute. I thought lego IS reproducing the metroliner. Isn't it and the club car the August Lego Legends? Or did I miss something??? (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

I think Ben is right. first of all, lego should stop juniorizing their new sets, let alone their vastly popular train sets. i think the 9v train sets were great, up until the 4560-or the US version the 4561. the 4559 looked ok, but with alittle (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  more re-releases on s@h site.

Gas n Wash Express now has a pic. It's had its ship date go from Sep. 28 to Aug 31. I also found Imperial Flagship. It has the same date and price as the Gas n Wash Express. Interestingly, it is under a "pirate" theme, which isn't yet listed on the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) As a survey, it's a bit flawed (see the cogent earlier comments) but I filled it out anyway. The best part is that the 'no children' option was added. As a result of feedback? The Slashdot model of self-moderating content is a bit more potent (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) Wow, sounds like quite a few of you are giving us your feedback! That's terrific! There have been a couple of questions that have popped up about how the survey works, and some issues with the survey itself. Let me try to address them as best (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Ball n' socket packs?

(...) I concur except that I would prefer to see a larger pack - perhaps twenty of each, plus a load of two-stud axles. Aw heck, let's just make into a new kind of set! (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

Great idea on having a feedback forum for Lego Enthusiasts.... here is a problem which I view pretty huge... I think there is a lot of "What is Lego going to bring to my favorite theme" ...and "How come that theme got that, while my theme only got (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) I'd like to say the same thing...it seems that each person gets a random of 10 comments from the list of feed-backs each time and then gets to vote on the importance of 5 of them.... I think this type of voting system really isn't accurate of (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) Excellent! Thanks LD! I have to go back anyway, since one of the 3 options "disappeared" from my screen, and i wasn't able to take the 3rd one. (i blame ns6 - i still can't believe ns let them put their name on this piece of... ) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) I re-used the opinion site today and there was a selection for no children... Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

Great idea, make sure you act on the results :P keep it up James "Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:GGoIDK.48I@lugnet.com... (...) you (...) now (...) opinions (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

richard marchetti wrote: CHOP!!!! (...) I can't agree more on this! Wouldn't some genuinely "evil" space theme ala Blacktron 1 be good (yes, what's new there? ;-) Maybe I should mention that on the new feedback section of www.lego.com Bye, Stelios (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) Double Arrrgh!! (...) I would hope this could be true for any number of space sets. I can second a desire for more trans-yellow elements. I have 3 copies of the Message Intercept Base, but I'd take more more for the elements. Renegade is cool (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) Jake, The why did you visit LEGO.com question is loaded. I went to the LEGO site to give my opinion, not to checkout prices or anything like that. Since I did not feel any of the answers were appropriate I could not continue. There should be (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) Ack, that bugs me too! Another pet peeve of mine is when people use the word "dilemma" to mean any old problem. Maggie C. P.S. To Richard M.-- after having looked it up in three separate dictionaries I grudgingly admit you were right about the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) snip (...) OK - I filled out my survey on the Lego Products - here are my top 3 suggestions (everyone feel free to vote for them!): - I asked them to bring back the entire Blacktron I theme and how about a Blacktron III theme. - I said that I (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) I don't like it too much either, but it does make sure that new suggestions don't suffer the "last on a list of 1000's" problem. It also means that results can exist where 5 of the top 10 answers can be "we want bulk bricks" :) I was going to (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) Good job, but I don't like how you only give some of the opinions to choose from (random selection?). I'd rather see them all, so as not to make new and uneccessary additions. Let us vote on, say, up to one-third of the total opinions... (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) I was gonna say the exact same thing!! -Shiri (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

Jake McKee wrote in message ... (...) opinions (...) This is good, but has some limits I ran into - for example, I was only allowed to add 2 new ideas in the shopping section. It also seems strange that the "other peoples ideas" I was given to vote (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Wow, that strikes me as as a little strange. Seeing the set re-released shouldn't damage your nostalgia for the set. All those happy memories are still there! I bought a metroliner off the shelf in 1995. It was getting rare at the time - it (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Wow! If the piece wasn't malformed/misshapen, I'd pay big money to buy that head! Obviously not the response you were hoping for. :^) I can't judge from the photos how bad the printing on the torsos of the figures is. I've been hoping that the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Well, I don't know about a "majority" opinion, but I am a Lugnet member and I think the quality control issue is a VERY big issue. I am not so hopped up about the issue of how the elements are actually molded, my bigger issue remains the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) Apparently one must have children to answer the product survey. Strange, since it gives "Self or another adult" as a choice for the question of who you primarily buy for. (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) Is there a way to just see results without retaking the survey? (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) Gee, wouldn't a "gift horse" actually be something one didn't have to pay for? While we are are paying for it, I think we can discuss whatever pleases us best, ok? I won't spoil your fun if you won't spoil mine, ok? -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) sorry - couldn't use it, since it requires java. Shame to _require_ something that's there just for looks. (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  RE: We want to know what you think!

Jake The first question does not have the choice " Jake sent Me "! :-) Thanx, Mark Millère LUGnet # 525 Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millère's Spares (URL) -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:GGoIDK.48I@lugnet.com... (...) Can I say that was the best thing you could have done. Great to have an opportunity to make some input. Great to see what other things folks are (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) While we're begging, I think we should demand that it all comes for free, yesterday. And it should be better than the originals! By the way, look up the phrase "begs the question" -- I do not think that expression means what you think it (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

I tried to not to check any boxes for the ages of my children (as i have none) and since "i have no children" wasn't an option.... think that could be added for us childless AFOLs? :) (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  We want to know what you think!

Greetings! I am posting as your friendly neighbor LEGO Direct rep/AFOL again to let you all know that we have launched a new part of www.LEGO.com. As some of you may know from Brad's mention at Brickfest, the new Your Opinion site is now live at: (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GGnrLw.IIE@lugnet.com... (...) Guarded (...) modules (...) ...or the Monorail for Space? ;-) -Tim (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) A most excellent point! I agree 100%. -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

<SNIP!> The only complaint/issue that I have with the Legends/re-issue/Direct merchandise is that I have to figure out (a) what I want, (b) what I need and (c) which will be unavailable to me later as a Direct purchase item?!? I LOVE that the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

To All, (...) That is a very interesting notion. I saved up and bought the Metroliner when it first came out, and I still have it today, and I love it too death. However, just because it is coming out in a new form, does not mean I lost that memory. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Sounds like you're complaining about a loss of nostalgia. I think you're in the minority, though. People who have the original set will feel a bit slighted, but people who don't have it feel like they're receiving a gift from Lego. That's just (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) Oddly, I got the copy with the Guarded Inn in it after I ordered a pair of inns. The summer catalog I got today along with my Inns (yippie!) is the version, ironically, without the Inn. I was idly looking at the catalog scratching my head as (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) No - he's not chaning his argument, he's just adding new ones as new info comes available. I was about to post about the latest bad quality on .lego.direct but Ben has beaten me by a few hours and mentioned it on this thread about Legends. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Greg Kramer writes: <snip> (...) OK, so what happens with 10001 and 10002 ? They have missed the (current) catalog mailing. WIll they get a bump from the S@H online store, or will they get 'bumped' when the next catalog (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) That only shows that on this specific set, the rest of the enthusiasts and us have the same opinion. And I think Lego anticipated that, or else they wouldn't have re-released the set. It doesn't show that it's selling better than the other (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) Remember the comment about the Guarded Inn? Orders from "kids" vastly outnumbered orders from "adults" once the S@H catalog hit the streets. WRT juniorization, the prevailing argument is that it targets the 4-7 age range with easy to build, (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) That's why I used the phrase "we alone". If others want it -- not just us -- I think they'll do it [make the set, bulk pack, whatever]. But as for the comment that what we want sells better than the other stuff, I didn't hear that at all in (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) While on the hole I agree with you. I wonder what you have to back up your statement that "the kind of things we want sell much better that the things their marketing dept. want's to sell"? Was something said at Brickfest that gave you this (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) Except when you realize that the kind of things we want sell much better than the things their marketing dept. want's to sell. They shouldn't make sets the way we want them because we want to buy them, but because that's what most parents and (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) What came across loud and clear is that sales to us are a very small minority. We alone are not enough to make or brake the projections for a specific set. We alone are not worth justifying creation of a new set, service pack, or bulk (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) I would say definitely so. Brad articulated that the reasons for juniorization were twofold: - the changing kids of today (but not all kids) - the lack of a bridge from Duplo to System He also made it clear that their sales analysis suggested (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) I think Brad was pretty clear that we were a small (but important) segment of his market. One thing he mentioned is that in something like 7 of 8 Shop at Home calls they could hear the kid in the background directing the parent as to which (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) If Lego is moving its line in the direction of juniorization with more playability and less construction (not polar opposites, mind you), what will differentiate its products from, say, Fisher Price's Everyday Heros line? (especially when the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) I don't really understand this whole "kids these days grow up fast and go to video games, bypassing action figures and lego sets" thing. I doubt kids are growing up any faster than before. Growing up in the 80s, I had my video games as well as (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) I don't think your above inference is necessarily true. Hmm, I would think that would mean more adults are buying them who do not post here, and more are buying them who do not buy online. (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) I received the S@H catalog with the Bionicle picture on it, and there is no Guarded Inn inside it, but the funny thing is that on the back, where my name and address is printed, there is a little blurb telling me to check out the Guarded Inn (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) you asked, here you go. from what i understand, there was 2 sum 2001 catalogs this year... my house only got the train one, not the bionicle one. here's the front page (300k): (URL) the 10000 set on page 3 (also 300k): (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) Well that answers my other question about the statement that the Train Bridge was on the cover because it wasn't. Was this some last minute change to the catalog? Was anything official said about there being 2 versions of the catalog? I don't (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) Wait! I'm psychic! Let me guess...you're S@H catalog has Bionicle on the cover...right? That version of the catalog doesn't have the 10000 GI in it...only the version with the train cover (where it's on page 3). Although, the S@H catalog and (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) OK this is driving me *crazy*. This is the second referance to the Guarded Inn being in the S@H catalog. Can someone provide a referance? I am sitting with my copy of the Summer 2001 S@H Catalog and see no referance to the Guarded Inn. Was (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) You bring up an excellent point, Eric, namely the fact that these Legend re-releases might cause many of us to cross themes. For example, I've never been a castle head, but I will undoubtedly buy one of the Guarded Inn sets. Who knows, perhaps (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

Just a quick correction here, Greg, I believe Brad said that the 2 million club members were "children" whether or not the adults were lumped into a different category or not, I don't know, but that's what I inferred, myself, by the way it was (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

As the subject says, these are inferences, not direct quotes. But I have given references to why I think my "read between the lines" statements are accurate. 1. The adult fan community is probably not as important as we like to think we are. Brad (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

as the Lego Direct agent said bulk packs are an extreamly new setup they aer still working out how things will work. they are not sure so they certanily won't tell us yet the only reason yellow and blue showed up is cause they perceived a defiancty (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

John Radtke wrote in message ... (...) had (...) whatever, (...) There's the problem right there - what is basic? To me, windows and trees are basic, but not to a spacehead. We really need to know what LD regards as basic and what will come and go. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) This has been my essential disappointment with the bulk selection so far and this 'upper limit' statement does not help instill my confidence. To me, being able to buy each brick or plate size individually is not worth it if I can't still get (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) Yes, this would be what we expect. A potential problem, however, is the current lack of information available from TLC[1]. It would be reasonable to assume that some bulk parts will be perennials[2], while others will have limited stock[3] or (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone??? (Not yet...Soon?)

(...) My interpretation was that the Legends "theme" will be long-running. (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone??? (Not yet...Soon?)

(...) This is part of the Legends line, and I seem to remember Brad saying they would NOT be limited runs. Yep, here it is - (URL) answer in advance a couple of questions which I suspect may arise: LEGO Legends are different from the "classic" (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone??? (Not yet...Soon?)

(...) This is quite likely with a lot of enthusiasts buying multiple copies of the set. My comment is that people should stretch their lego budgets because other rare, classic sets are coming out. (...) Yes and No. I think there is a time period of (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone??? (Not yet...Soon?)

(...) I called yesterday to order mine. The person on the phone said that they were out of stock, but would be back in stock "at the end of the month". Of course, that wasn't really very helpful, since my address changes "at the end of the month", (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone??? (Not yet...Soon?)

(...) I would agree. It seems possible that they've gotten more orders initially than they expected to take. (...) I really hope that you are wrong, despite your seeming confidence in the course of action they would take, for 2 reasons: 1. I haven't (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone??? (Not yet...Soon?)

I still question the availability! I really believe that demand could have possibly outstretched the supply… Would TLG really go into the production of a new group of Guarded Inns once the initial run has expired? I highly doubt it! They’d just be (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone???

(...) There ya go; a glitch. Thanks for the fast response, LD! James (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone???

The Guarded Inn is accepting backorders again: (URL) for any inconvenience. --Jarid Lukin Sr. Web Developer LEGO Direct (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the high proce in UK?

"Kyle D. Jackson" <flightdeck@sympatic...mblock.ca> wrote in message news:GGC7w3.76u@lugnet.com... (...) Good answer. Price gimmickry might play it's part . The set is priced £10.99 after all However, they have 'My own train' sets at 18.75, and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone???

(...) That's what I see, too, with my shopping cart set to Canada or the USA. If I set my shopping cart to a European country (the UK and Germany are the two I checked), it shows as "available". So here's hoping (really hoping!) this is a glitch, or (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone???

(...) Ut-Oh... Item#:  10000 Ages:  6+ Pieces:  246 Price: USD No list price Not Available Hey! LD! What's up? Matt (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What I really want as the next "classic"

(...) Not saying it wasn't, :-) just saying that it didn't matter whether it was or not. (...) Lucky them! Do they own the rest of the Maersk sets too? When I grow up maybe I ought to work for Maersk! (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What I really want as the next "classic"

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jan Katanek writes: <snip> Thanks for that detailed analysis and for posting the shots that got us all excited. So does anyone have a good handle on exactly what Maersk sets there actually have been over the years?... So far (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Why the high proce in UK?

(...) Okay, so exchange rate is part of the difference. Now could the rest be due to "price gimmickry"? Meaning the bit where (in N.A. at least) things are always priced at $10.99 or $12.99, but usually never like $2.67. So if they took the Danish (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What I really want as the next "classic"

(...) The 1651 from 1980 has different trailers and a very different tractor: The trailers have 6 light blue train rails where the cargo lies on, which has two lines of flat 1xNx0.33 bricks underneath to stay upon these rails. Look here: (URL) here (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the high proce in UK?

(...) It is true as i have been told, by some Lego Employees at Shop@Home on the freephone number. about 6PM tonight, as i wanted to make sure its right (...) Again the employees said they are in Slough, and i believe it mentions the call centre in (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the high proce in UK?

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:GGBEwC.Azv@lugnet.com... (...) both (...) But it is in the Exchange Rate Mechanism. So there has been almost no variation of the Krona against the German mark Euro over the last 18 (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What I really want as the next "classic"

Hello! (...) Note the light blue railway tracks on the trailer of 1651. The 1552 has lightblue tiles instead of the tracks. Bye Jojo (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact