 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2978
Re: What I really want as the next "classic"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 19:02:50 GMT

Try looking here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/1000/1651/
Is this the same one? It looks very similar.

The 1651 from 1980 has different trailers and a very
different tractor:
The trailers have 6 light blue train rails where the cargo lies
on, which has two lines of flat 1xNx0.33 bricks underneath to
stay upon these rails.
Look here: http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/1000/1651/1651-05.html
and here : http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/1000/1651/1651-06.html
to see these details.
The wheels are fixed in another manner, too.

To compare, look here at the pics I shot yesterday:

The cargo containers are flat on the bottom, as they are fixed
on the tile-covered top of the trailes with four/two 2x1 plates
with one stud.

The tractor of 1552 (released 1985) is 23 studs long and
includes two light blue doors. (1651: 13 studs)
But the 1552 does not include the light blue helmet,
so I still don't have one :-(

Jan

P.S.: I'll try to submit the instruction scans to brickshelf asap.