 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2980
Re: What I really want as the next "classic"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.promo
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 02:44:17 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jan Katanek writes:
<snip>

Thanks for that detailed analysis and for posting the shots that got us all
excited.

So does anyone have a good handle on exactly what Maersk sets there actually
have been over the years?... So far in this thread (and in the DB) we have:

1650 - 1974 : microfig scale(1) container ship
1651 - 1980 : stub tractor, short/long 6 wide containers (train rail mount)
1552 - 1985 : long tractor, short/long 6 wide containers ("switcher(2) mount)
1831 - 199x : white 4 wide containers, standard mounts (12 long containers,
non standard except for color line, other LEGO 4 wide containers tend to be
8 or 16)

Did I miss any? (I forget what year 1831 is, I am separated from my copies
at the moment and can't check)

Any Maersk airplanes ever? (they run a small airline, it calls at Gatwick I
think.)

Anyone "Maersk complete" ??

XFUT .promo

1 - well smaller than minifig anyway, IMHO, it has 3 wide containers (3) and
looks like it is built on the floating boat hulls.
2 - "switcher" is what I heard a LEGO designer call the modified plate 1x2
with one stud... :-) He said it was because it switches the position of
studs if you use it.
3 - take THAT, J2...

++Lar