 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2976
Re: Why the high proce in UK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:08:06 GMT

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:GGBEwC.Azv@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.lego.direct, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

Apparently yes.
I received this from Lego today in response to my questioning the price
Dear LEGO® Shop at Home Customer,

Thank you for contacting LEGO Shop At Home. The reason for the
difference in pricing is that all the 'continental' prices are related
to the Euro and therefore are the same; UK prices are slightly higher
because of the fluctuation of the Pound.

However, 20% is still excessive given that the exchange rate has fluctuated less than 10% in the last 18 months.

Also, their 'continental' prices are NOT the same. Germany is still cheaper than Holland for example, even though • both
currencies are pegged to the Euro.

Nor would I describe 20% as slight!

Plus Denmark is not in the Euro either.

But it is in the Exchange Rate Mechanism.
So there has been almost no variation of the Krona against the German mark Euro over the last 18 months, but about 10%
fluctuation against the pound.

I have asked them why I cannot simply buy in Krona?

regards
lawrence