 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2963
Re: Why the high proce in UK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:53:41 GMT

Are you getting my annoyance at why I should have to pay 20% more for the • same product, shipped from the same place at
my cost, in the same box, by the same people

I agree with you Lawerance, paying extra dough for the train tracks is a
classic example

LEGO no longer has any UK employees to take your orders over the phone or • be
involved in any other way in this?

The call centre for Lego Shop @ Home is in the Headquarters for european
opertaion, believe it or not is in Slough, "UK"not far from Legoland .... As
far as i know, all orders are processed in the UK, sent to Denmark
warehouses by electronic means and sent from Denmark... Why the high
shipping charges, i don't know - this has put me off buying the 3451 Sopwith
Camel at the moment. £35 for the model and £5 extra for shipping and thats
the cheapest option. I wish this model was in the shops though... then i can
skip the postage costs..

Are the other  European countrys paying any shipping costs? or is it the
water between Dover and Calais that is causing the trouble? Or even the
North Sea :-)

(The people who don't know what Dover and Calais is: 2 major Shipping ports
between the UK and France. Dover is in the UK)

Are you saying that nothing else in Ripoff Britain suffers from this
problem

This is the same for buying brand new cars, its expensive in the UK, yet its
cheaper to buy right hand drive cars in Germany, even though they drive on
the right :-|

Tell me, what is the fuel prices in the US? we brit's pay for 76.9p per
litre which works out $1.05 per litre? I believe its something like 80% Tax
on the fuel. Correct me if i am wrong.

I know this has nothing to do with Lego, but this is how we feel personally
when it comes to rip off prices in the UK... Its a known fact i have been
told, that's it is expensive to live in the UK.

Notes to Lego.

Drop the Shipping charges to UK, or think of a scheme - like - spend £45
UKPounds and get free shipping...

And Best of all, when buying direct from the manufactures, the more you buy,
the cheaper it gets. (Mainly Bulk Bricks). I used to use companies who use
this method when buying stationery and consumables. It work and it attract
more sales..

Anyway my 2 pennies providing i don't get Taxed on it and i will go back to
hibernation , which i mention to loc.UK a few weeks ago :-))

Regards
--
Michael Edwards
Lugnet Member #151

LEGO Magazines from the Past and Present
http://www.lugmag.co.uk

Home of the Bionicle Listings and LEGO
Technic Club Magazine
http://www.technic-uk.co.uk