 Events / BrickFest / 505
Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:20:36 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Greg Kramer writes:

But as for the comment that what we want sells better than the other stuff,
I didn't hear that at all in Brad's talk.  In fact, I heard almost the
opposite, with Juniorization as the example.  Those are sets we hate, but
Brad indicated they are doing fine.

-Greg

Remember the comment about the Guarded Inn?  Orders from "kids" vastly
outnumbered orders from "adults" once the S@H catalog hit the streets.

KL

That only shows that on this specific set, the rest of the enthusiasts and
us have the same opinion.  And I think Lego anticipated that, or else they
wouldn't have re-released the set. It doesn't show that it's selling better
than the other stuff.

My point is that LD can't make a product for just us.  For example, if they
came out with a huge bulk set of rare parts whose price point was very high
(> $100) we may buy it, but no one else would.  And our numbers alone
wouldn't justify ever making such a set.

-Greg