 Events / BrickFest / 503
Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:09:43 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Greg Kramer writes:
What came across loud and clear is that sales to us are a very small
minority.  We alone are not enough to make or brake the projections for a
specific set.  We alone are not worth justifying creation of a new set,

Except when you realize that the kind of things we want sell much
better than the things their marketing dept. want's to sell.  >
KL

That's why I used the phrase "we alone".  If others want it -- not just us
-- I think they'll do it [make the set, bulk pack, whatever].

But as for the comment that what we want sells better than the other stuff,
I didn't hear that at all in Brad's talk.  In fact, I heard almost the
opposite, with Juniorization as the example.  Those are sets we hate, but
Brad indicated they are doing fine.

-Greg