 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3048
Re: We want to know what you think!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:21:17 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Kevin Wilson writes:
Jake McKee wrote in message ...

This is a very dynamic, free flow feedback mechanism that allows you to
answer open ended questions in your own words, or simply agree with • opinions
that other people have already offered.

This is good, but has some limits I ran into - for example, I was only
allowed to add 2 new ideas in the shopping section. It also seems strange
that the "other peoples ideas" I was given to vote on, did not include many
of the ideas which showed up later in the "top 10" ranking. Is there some
kind of random selection being shown to each person?

Kevin

I'd like to say the same thing...it seems that each person gets a random of
10 comments from the list of feed-backs each time and then gets to vote
on the importance of 5 of them....

I think this type of voting system really isn't accurate of the views of
most of the users since they may or may not use the opinion page more than
once....

another negative comment about this system is more than one user has put
the same or similar ideas onto that particular topic...if a user got to
see the whole list of opinions, there would be less ideas (due to duplication),
and you could get a true accurate count of people's opinions.

Ofcourse the only flaw in the logic is one person may want the [principle]
of the idea but the "extras" may not totally agree with.
IE - more classic castles with different locations (like Romans, etc)
well another might like the classic castle bit, but not the location bit,
while another one may like the different locations bit, but not the classic
castle bit....etc

Benjamin Medinets