 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2995
Re: From Mike Walsh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 17:57:41 GMT

John Radtke wrote in message ...
This is why I would much rather see something like the former packs (like
they used to have and have just reissued for blue and yellow bricks &
plates) for bricks, plates, slopes, and maybe even tiles.  This smaller
number of basic items could be kept as perpetual stock while more
specialized items like trees and windows could be rotated.  We've always • had
accessory packs for more specialized items like that come and go.  (Yeah, a
lot of people probably wouldn't agree that tiles are a basic item, • whatever,
that's not my point.)

There's the problem right there - what is basic? To me, windows and trees
are basic, but not to a spacehead. We really need to know what LD regards as
basic and what will come and go. It's probably impossible to tell us *when*
something will disappear since it depends on when they sell out of it, but
if we know it's going to go away at some point at least we can plan our
buying to take that into account.

<calculating how much a lifetime supply of white 1x2x2 windows will
cost......>

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1