 Castle / 9857
Re: Guarded Inn Gone??? (Not yet...Soon?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:29:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes:

                                          I still question the availability!

I really believe that demand could have possibly outstretched the supply…

I would agree. It seems possible that they've gotten more orders initially
than they expected to take.

Would TLG really go into the production of a new group of Guarded Inns once
the initial run has expired?
                                           I highly doubt it!

They’d just be happy with the phenomenal success of the first set in the
Legends line and incur changes to the followin’ Legends set.
(Changes such as greater production.)

I really hope that you are wrong, despite your seeming confidence in the
course of action they would take, for 2 reasons:

1. I haven't had the opportunity to order mine, yet. My BD is the 16th and
I've been waiting till then to place my order with any potential 'BD money'
from family. If the run is done and over barely a month after it was
announced I shall be sorely disappointed (Though I have an original from the
'80s)

2. Seeing as how I got my summer/July S@H catalogue only about a week ago
(and from personal observations, they seem to be valid for at least
2-3months before I get another in the mail)I find it hard to believe they
only made enough to barely meet the initial onslaught from those online
customers who caught wind of it before the mailings had all been sent out.

If they did do a limited run and intend to call it quits before the majority
of their S@H customers found out, I'd think it would make matters worse than
had they not tried to bring back an old set at all and just carried on with
HP and other currently Juniorized sets.

I really wouldn’t mind knowin’ just how many were produced and how many
presently remain. It’d be great to get an official figure!

I, too, wouldn't mind knowing what the initial ramp up number was. It'd be
interesting to see what they expected to have as an initial reaction to such
an excellent idea and offering.  My bet on how many remain is that all of
that initial batch is probably already sold out, hence the back ordering
processes.

Ultimately? None of us .really. knows what is going on, I don't believe, or
we wouldn't be speculating! <G> I don't recall seeing an announcement/post
saying it would only be available for a limited time or saying a limited
quantity stipulation applied.

I really hope they're not done with the production run. Going off of common
sense based on my #2 point, I don't think they are, regardless of how much
my #1 point is the one I'm presently operating under. :)

Joel J
(hoping it's not done and that I can still get my order in next week!)