 Castle / 9907
Re: Guarded Inn Gone???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 23:52:30 GMT

Is it totally wrong that I am replying to my own message, not once, but twice???

I gotta say...

I LOVE THIS SET!!!

Where to start...  The detail is AMAZING for such a small set.  The little
windows.  The fireplace.  The stable.  Etc.

The design is FANTASTIC.  Love the little cook created by the corner wall
pieces.  The way the Inn just flooooows into the wall.  The roof supports
creating a little attic.

Several extra weapons you could use to outfit extra troops.  2 swords and a
battle axe.  Lots of gray pieces.  I always wondered how some of you
accumulated SOOOO much gray.  HAD to be classic castle sets!  Also, my
printing seems to be much cleaner than others have reported.  Not perfect,
but very nice.

A few nitpicks...

As someone mentioned, I do think you can "feel" the difference between older
Lego bricks, and newer ones.  I think this is even more true of the 10000
bricks.  They seem... light.  And the injection points (if that's what you
call them) are VERY obvious.  The swords seem especially flimsy as well.

Overall, I am very pleased!  This is a great direction for Lego.  I just
hope quality does not suffer.

Eric

In lugnet.castle, Eric Brouwer writes:
Happy dance!  Happy dance!

Came home from work today, and my Inn's (along with some sand red bricks!)
arrived today.  10 day total turnaround time.  Not tooooo shabby!

Off to build,

Eric