 Castle / 9916
Re: Guarded Inn Gone???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 15:11:22 GMT

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 14:03:35 GMT, "Dave Lovelace" <dave@umop.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Tamyra Teed writes:

Now I'm really pissed...

I live about five minutes from LDMI in East Windsor, CT, so I get same-day
shipping whenever I order from LD.  Still, I got a letter on Wednesday
saying that the order would be postponed until 7/31.  Then, THE VERY NEXT
DAY (Thursday), my two 10000's arrived.  Very strange.

From what I have read in the past LD/S@H is very conservative about
the backorder ship times in most cases, they'd say they will ship
later and manage it earlier than say earlier and ship late.  Consider
it the  LD/S@H business style.  I find that I'd prefer it this way
rather than the early promise and actual late delivery.

I'm not complaining, though.

The grey box is so, so, so weird to behold.

I kind a like it actually, but my whole take on sets is, I don't care
much about the box, I just want the contents!  Spiffy boxes are
alright, but I'd prefer a simpler box that still does the job and have
the resources put into set design.  That'll never happen for the
retail sets as part of the box function is ATTRACTING the attention of
the consumers while the box is on the shelf, that's something the
grey-scale boxes just will not do.  But it works for LD and their
non-retailer line :^)

--Dave (jot and jab)

Mike
--

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)