 Castle / 9917
Re: criticism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 15:44:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
hellow, this is my first post, but i have spent a lot of time here on lugnet
just reading and pulling it all in.  recently there was discussion concerning
the Wanderer lego-comic that someone made (im bad with names, but ill get
better). i just wanted to put my two cents in.

people were talking alot about negative criticism vs. constructive criticism,
and i think this is an important distinction.  someone gave the Wanderer a
really bad review, ending the message saying something along the lines of "you
should never do this again."

even if the story was trite, cliche, or even plain awful (which it wasn't.. it
was actually kinda cool), such a comment is totally uncalled for.  there is
NEVER a time when someone should cease their creative activities because they
aren't good enough, or not well recieved.  how else are they going to grow? how
else are they going to improve?

i think that is what LEGO is all about.. being creative, and to continue doing
it, even past the point that some may say its bad.

i say: you did something! right on! keeping doing it! never stop!
shakespeare wrote 35 plays.. and 20 of them no one knows about because they
suck.. he didn't stop, he kept going.. thats the secret.

just my two cents
peace, and im glad to be apart of such a great community!
-lenny

Why, thank you Dr. Freud!  Geeze!
Evan Butzlaff, Skeletal Army Builder