 General / 34391
Re: Markets and juniorization
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 17:14:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
<snip-a-dee-do-da>
As for bulk parts.  Why not go for an 'Architectural Bucket'?  Or a 'Classic
Space Designer's Set'?  Or a 'Town Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced Tub'?  You
don't have to sell every single part separately in order to make vast
quantities of usable parts available to the general public.

Now *that* would be awesome!  That is one of the coolest ideas I have heard
in a while.  Maybe throw in a few images of building ideas (for those
inexperienced with the given theme), but otherwise just have a bunch of
bricks and few special elements (doors, wheels, wings, etc.) to build MOCs
in your favorite theme or subtheme.  Even if they did it only for current
themes it would be a step above the 7 dollar accessory packs and tiny
mini-fig sets they offer(although for older themes would be better to match
my collection)...

...Sad though, that I am so excited by the concept of a Lego Set that *does
not exist* and was suggested by another consumer.  There was a time when I
felt that excitement when I saw what new sets TLC was offering.  Honestly, I
cannot recall the last time I opened a catalogue and said, "That's awesome."
I used to do that all the time.  Now I only use those words when I see other
people's MOCs on Brickshelf...

-Hendo