 General / 34330
Re: Question: Does the market realy want junorization?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 03:11:33 GMT

William R Ward wrote in message ...
That's nothing new.  When I was a kid (around 5, I think), my parents
invited another kid around my age to come play with me.  My mom tells
me that I invited the kid to play Legos.  His response: "*PLAY* Legos??"
It had never occurred to him to build anything but what the instructions
said.

And this was in the mid-1970's.

Yes indeed... the rot had started to set in even then.

<curmudgeon voice>  When I was a lad, we didn't have any instructions. All
we had was bricks - and lucky to get 'em! </cv>

Seriously though, *any* instructions curtail the creative use of the bricks
and produce reactions like that of a (ex) friend, who glued her son's X-wing
together because she got tired of pieces falling off it.

Kevin
NEW Tank Engine custom train set: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/
1st Annual SYSTEM Creativity Contest: http://www.creativity-contest.net/
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com